New boy here!

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

barnstormer

New boy here!

Postby barnstormer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Hallo chaps - It's taken a while to get through the security on this site but managed to get onto Paul on the shop email and he sorted me out.

Got a couple of bikes here in Brittany north-west France , an old 2001 R1100S which is in refit at the moment to try to neutralise the neglect inflicted on it by past UK owners and BMW's design department - very few miles but lots of standing about covered in salt - not one of my better buys. The other bike is a 2006 FJR1300A which is a gem.

Escaped to France in 2009 after 20 years near Norwich, before that born and brought up near Bedford.

Anybody on here living in Brittany?

Herb

Postby Herb » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Welcome.

I have had some fantastic ciders from Brittany. I keep meaning to visit.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

barnstormer

Postby barnstormer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:15 pm

A lot of cider made around here and in Normandy which is next door so to speak, I prefer Belgian and Flanders beer myself but have a few bottles of cidre in the cellar.
I can put you on to a few biker B and B's if you fancy a visit - the best route for you would be to Portsmouth and Brittany Ferries to Caen/Ouestreham.
A lovely area to visit - it's like the UK 50 years ago, the north and south coast are brilliant-like Cornwall without the traffic!

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Welcome
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Welcome!

I've been across to Brittany a couple of times for short hols - Pontivy and some other small town I forget the name of.............. :oops:

Lovely countryside with great roads.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Glad you made it in!

I'm currently sitting in a hotel in Le Mans, planning my ride to the tunnel at Calais tomorrow. I did think about a brief detour into your neck of the woods, but the chicken breast in cream and mushroom sauce I had at lunchtime in Chinon seems to have given me a dose of D'elhi b'elly, so I may have to take the most quick and direct route I can devise :oops:

All the best,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

barnstormer

Postby barnstormer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 am

Blackal wrote:Welcome!

I've been across to Brittany a couple of times for short hols - Pontivy and some other small town I forget the name of.............. :oops:

Lovely countryside with great roads.

Al

Hi Paul,

We are about 12km WSW of Pontivy in a small hamlet - nice little town- really like it here!

Sorry to hear about your digestion problem Paul - yes be careful eating chicken in french resto's, they don't cook it thoroughly enough for my liking.

Return to “New Trixters?”