Reivers ride out weekend may 2015

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Reivers ride out weekend may 2015

Postby boxerscott » Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd May 2015. Location Jeburgh,Roxburghshire.
Usual format, group dinner (tba) on the Saturday evening, all facilities central to the accommodation listed below.

Glen Bank House Hotel, Bar, Restaurant and 9 letting rooms off road parking. www.jedburgh-hotel.com 01835 862258

Willow Court B+B 3 letting rooms, off road parking willowcourtjedburgh.co.uk

Kenmore Bank B+B off road parking www.kenmorebank.com 01835862369

Allerton House Guest House, off road parking 6 letting rooms

www.allertonhouse.co.uk 01835 869633

Royal Hotel 12 letting rooms bar, parking at rear (one for the lads) 01835 863152

Meadhon House B+B 3 letting rooms 01835

Reivers and Riders

Boxerscott (Chris)
Dave the German (Dave) Kenmore Bank

Popsky (Phil and Missus) Glen Bank House Hotel
ianc53 ( Ian and Sue) Chris and Simon Allerton House
Herrman (Peter and Alan) Airenlea
Bikemadd (Reg and Gwen) Airenlea
Steve and Kate Warren Airenlea
Andy and Tracy Glen Bank House Hotel
Rossy1100s (Geoff and Kieth) Willow Court
Mark, Martin and Ollie, Meadon House
Paul (Paul) Kenmore Bank
Boxered (steve) + dave The Royal Hotel
Archie (archie) The Royal Hotel

Chris
Last edited by boxerscott on Sun May 17, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:00 am

I'm up for it. Just put in for the required leave. Thanks Chris.

Mike :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

popsky

Postby popsky » Sat May 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Chris,

Now you've done it :!:

After many years of my ear getting bent by my dear wife about a Scottish trip I've no excuse now, so it looks as if we shall be attending next years bash.

Do we need to mention Boxertrix when booking rooms? (Dunno if there's any deals to be had :wink:)

And a bit if local knowledge from the collective please, we would like to spend a few extra days riding some good roads so any tips would be greatly received also accommodation in Edinburgh for a bit of culture :D
Could replies to this bit be in a new topic please, don't want to hijack the main topic cheers
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 20, 2014 6:55 pm

popsky wrote:Hi Chris,

After many years of my ear getting bent by my dear wife about a Scottish trip I've no excuse now, so it looks as if we shall be attending next years bash.

Do we need to mention Boxertrix when booking rooms? (Dunno if there's any deals to be had :wink:)

Ha! deals to be had! only raw ones, bit like Yorkshire really you do not get owt for nowt up here. You can mention to accom providers Boxertrix but I reckon they will have forgotten what I told them so just tell them its a bike meet that Chris from Airenlea is arranging I honestly think you would be chancing getting in on this weekend with a late reservation, no one has many bookings for this weekend at this point in time and to my knowledge there is no other event happening to clash with.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

ianc53

Postby ianc53 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Chris, that's 3 rooms booked at Allerton House for Sue and me, Chris and Simon. It's a full year ahead, the most organised I've ever been :)

Cheers

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm

That's us booked into the Glen Bank House for Fri-Sat. Looking forward to a first Scottish extravaganza :D
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi,
I believe myself,Alan,Reg & Gwen are booked in for this, A good group building up already with a year to go!!

Peter.

Just back from that area this weekend and whilst the weather didn't really play ball terrific roads around even in the Car :)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Aye, and I am entrusted with a 600bhp car coming back from Silverstone classic later this month, Piercebridge to Jed will never be the same again :roll: Oh thank you Adrian. Never tire of this roller coaster road. :)

Hopefully those coming for the Riever weekend will experience some of the a68 too :)
Fiat Panda.

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am

Andy & Tracy are booked into the Glen Bank house, they with the FJR1300 affliction ahem :wink:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm

That's good! keep it ticking over, I am hoping to scope out a run I have in mind shortly. A bit of Teviot, Tweed, Cheviot, Redesdale and Kielder chucked in for good measure. I am thinking

:)
Fiat Panda.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm

boxerscott wrote:
popsky wrote:Hi Chris,

Ha! deals to be had! only raw ones, bit like Yorkshire really you do not get owt for nowt up here. You can mention to accom providers Boxertrix but I reckon they will have forgotten what I told them so just tell them its a bike meet that Chris from Airenlea is arranging I honestly think you would be chancing getting in on this weekend with a late reservation, no one has many bookings for this weekend at this point in time and to my knowledge there is no other event happening to clash with.
Anyone having trouble with finding accommodation in Jed for this weekend contact me for help via pm. Chris
Fiat Panda.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Chris - trying to work this into my schedule for next May following the fun experience I had at the Yorkshire W/E.
As it is a bank holiday on the Monday 25th, are you planning anything on the Sunday? If so I'll book an extra night.
John M

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Unfortunately this clashes with my annual charity ride for Macmillan

Have a great time guys
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

pbikerharry

Postby pbikerharry » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Any good camping nearby?any recommends? was thinking of going on up after that to rough camp in the highlands.

Pete
do you want this Bath Water
1150 GS

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 pm

pbikerharry wrote:Any good camping nearby?any recommends? was thinking of going on up after that to rough camp in the highlands.

Pete
Yes Pete, one in walking distance of the town called Jedwater Caravan and Camping and the other about 3 miles out on the a68 known as Jedforest Caravan and Camping. or you could just wild camp in front of the Abbey on the banks of the river Jed where you could catch your brekky too!

It`s illegal of course but not uncommon :wink:
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Days Out”