HP2 Sport - a warning!!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Cymraeg

HP2 Sport - a warning!!

Postby Cymraeg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:06 am

Gentlemen and Lady (s)

I was awoken early this morning to find four individuals of most dubious parentage helping themselves to the contents of my garage in Luton.

Apart from an as yet unknown amount of tools they took my 2010 HP2 sport in Motorrad colours, an F800 GS and an XR 400!!

I guess they were stolen by "experts" the way it was planned and done so I don't expect to see the HP2 on eBay with the same registration number but can I suggest if you are looking for or see a Motorrad coloured HP2 or parts you take more than just the usual care.

I cannot imagine the registration number will remain but the frame number is very visible on the headstock below the ignition key, it will be clear if it has been tampered with and if not the last digits of it are 60395.

Obviously if you do come across it Bedfordshire police will be interested, it is bad enough losing it but I would not want anyone here to be stung buying an uncommon but stolen bike.

Thanks

Tony

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 am

Thieving f***ing scumbag bastards!!

You really have my sympathies matey. Never lost a bike (yet!) but did loose a car off the drive a few years back. Gutting!

Hopefully they will all die a very painful death very soon! I know this seems harsh but these parasites do not deserve to breath as far as I am concerned.

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 am

F**k. This is where a handgun will come in handy. Execute the f**kers before they contaminate the gene pool. But then again it is Luton. Where you at the Oakley Bike Festival near Bedford this weekend? I spotted a HP2 Sport in Motorrad colours in the bike park. I feel for your loss but hopefully this will cheer you up.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Cymraeg

Postby Cymraeg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 am

Yep,

That was my bike at Oakley - to add to the pain I had just spent a considerable amount on both BMWs, new tyres and services, before I made the decision which bike to take to the 'Ring this weekend. Fitting Ventura luggage to my partners Fazer meant it was going to be the HP.

I just hope Adelaide, the insurers, come up with a valuation close to that advertised in the link but I suspect it will be less than half that with 15K on the clock of the HP. Just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the supportive comments

Tony

gus

Postby gus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 am

Hi
Very shit news.
They will not be able to ring the bike and sell it. Too rare and specialized buyers. It will get noticed..
Same goes for breaking it for bits.
I hope you get a insurance payout which covers a suitable replacement.
All the best
Gus
Ps if the the thieves are looking here, give him the bike back please..

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:30 am

am I being naïve but isn't it useless without the key? I'm assuming HP2's have the same immobiliser ring antenna and key set up that all the rest of the range have nowadays?

Not wanting to be the bringer of doom but if it's a professional crew it's probably of to the docks to be shoved into a container and whisked abroad, there was a tv programme about the problem recently where Audi's, Mercs, Beemers et al were flogged off abroad (Kenya I think) where the crooks would apply to the local manufacturers agent for a key.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 am

For one thing the Motorrad colours are rare. Don't know why but it seems buyers preferred the more simple white with exposed carbon. I would argue that with the insurer and will only settle when a suitable replacement has been found with a similar age and mileage.

On another topic. I was one of the organizers of the OBF. How do you rate the event? Anything that was good or bad in your opinion.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 pm

That’s really bad news, hope it turns out okay.

Colleague at work (Paddington, London) had his 1200GS lifted the other week.

Now, this is third hand info but the police told him the scumbags now have a device that plugs into the key hole and can write a code to a blank key in the other end! Like I say, this may just be a rumour but CCTV showed the bike being ridden away. It was parked outside St Mary’s hospital main entrance in a solo bike bay (my bandit was next to it), chap in helmet walks up and rides off!

Police also said they target the GS and the big KTM’s for ram raids! Not my idea of fun but enough loony tunes out there to give it a go I guess.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Topcat wrote:That’s really bad news, hope it turns out okay.

Colleague at work (Paddington, London) had his 1200GS lifted the other week.

Now, this is third hand info but the police told him the scumbags now have a device that plugs into the key hole and can write a code to a blank key in the other end! Like I say, this may just be a rumour but CCTV showed the bike being ridden away. It was parked outside St Mary’s hospital main entrance in a solo bike bay (my bandit was next to it), chap in helmet walks up and rides off!

Police also said they target the GS and the big KTM’s for ram raids! Not my idea of fun but enough loony tunes out there to give it a go I guess.

now that is very disturbing

There's not much I like about religion, but the chopping off of limbs advocated by some for theft seems a jolly good idea to me :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Like I say, it is third hand info and I can't think how they get over the 'mechanical' side of the key - it needs to be cut to turn the lock?
Unless they just hot wire it and the key provides the code.

I have, however, come across coppers who can't tell a cut padlock from a ham sandwich (it's a long story) so he may have been talking bollox.

Cymraeg

Postby Cymraeg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm

So getting BMW to record both bikes on their system as stolen in the event someone tries to buy new keys might not work as well as I hoped- it was worth a phone call just in case.

Tanneman; we enjoyed a good first experience of the OBF, much better than Amey's Ridesafe events. A good range of exhibitors with maybe more for the older rider rather than those without grey hair. But there again grey hair - or no hair - was much more common. Venue and facilities were just right, compact but still plenty of room to get around everything. You and the rest of the organising group should feel rightly pleased, I will look forward to coming along next year

Tony

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Makes my blood boil, does that. You work hard for what you have and lazy scumbags help themselves.

I've had a car nicked (and recovered before I even reported it missing) and a nearly new push bike stolen, but not recovered.

You have my sympathies, though that doesn't get you anything back.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm

That's a shitter!

Insurance should see you right, though.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Shit news mate, really sorry to hear that.

Another forumer here is always searching for spare parts for his HP2 so I'll get him to be on the lookout for anything that might resemble yours.
2000 BMW R1150GS
2004 BMW R1100SS Boxer Cup Replica
2003 Yamaha R6 (trackday bike)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Reckon the parts will appear on EBay........ Location Lithuania.

Tons of GS parts there

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Boxerbanter”