BCR Upgrade Thread.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

orange1

Postby orange1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:52 am

@damoace:

Djeezzz you're realing putting an effort on this one
:shock: . I am really curious to compare your last dyno with the one to come.

I Have a rapid bike PC in the bike, which version I dont know. Can just say it runs perfectly and I'm not gonna touch it for my first season with the bike.

Im transforming the bike to a road legal one. Bought a chassis with papers from a wreck-salesman, found the neccesary fairings as well. Im now waiting for some electrical parts I've ordered which should arrive this week.

Here some extra pics

Thats my dad on the right upper corner. I'm just 25 :D

As you can see here, the right fairing hasnt it original colours anymore. This due to a low slider on track I assume. Im just making the bike road legal now with a complete maintenance and next winter we're going for a new paint-job and some extra's as in: Rvs-braking hoses, new carbon parts, HID lights etc

greetings!

Gilles
Last edited by orange1 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 am

Dammit, a lot happened since we last met. I just thought the BCR was under construction due to the cylinder head issue you had but I read that you had some work problems. I hope and trust that all is settled and ok in that regard and that life can continue as normal. I hope we can once again get together at the BMW club track day or maybe a sneaky one or two before that.

It may be worth giving BSD Performance http://bsd.uk.com/ in Peterborough a call wrt the PC3 as they deal with Dynojet.

In a article I'm reading (see my thread http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18825) the only change to the engine was a Van der Linde exhaust with chip and that pushed the power up to 90 bhp but more important was the gain in torque and power throughout the rev range.

We know the motor is not easy to tune massive hp from so the goal should be driveability since we cannot easily change gear ratios. On a tight circuit like Cadwell/Mallory/Brands Hatch having the rocket sprockets would probably work better but the faster open circuits will require more oomph in the higher rev range. There were or still are longer geared final drives for sale on pelican. If you are chasing the clock then it may be worth it but it is only track days. In all honest truth is that my 11s can keep up with the liter bikes round Cadwell but passing them is another matter as it lack the drive out of the corner. Still laughing when I think about it following VR46 around that place. It was quite a view from my bike.

The brakes for me is good but since I've been on the S1000RR I now know what good brakes feels like. It is surprising to me of how much power the standard 11s Brembo set-up has. A few thoughts though. The 11s is heavy so the grip available from the front to brake effectively is going to be less than a sports bike. The suspension is a bit basic at the front and it has to deal with quite a lot over and over again. Showa is a good manufacturer but Ohlins or WP all round will greatly improve things, preferably fully adjustable. At the moment the feedback from the front suspension on mine limits of how hard I can brake so it needs sorting one day.

Give Mr Chris Canning a call. I have read somewhere that he might be having a new exhaust for his 11s so the 'old' custom exhaust might be available. Apart from that there may be some advice for you. He'll probably tell you to buy a R1200S. Did you manage get hold of some motoyoyo fork clamps?

Something else that I've noticed. In the unlikely event of a serious crash and you break the subframe. When welding the frame lugs back on place a aluminium web on the inside of the lug to strengthen the joint or do it now just in case. Not a very clear image but you can make it out.

At the NEC we bumped into Richard Cooper. I'll see him again next year but I would like to rack his brains about the BCR that they raced. If I can get to the crew chief or mechanic for some insight into the set-up and fine tuning then I would be very chuffed. What I know you'll know.

Apart from all this have you ever though about going to California Superbike School? I would like to do it next year. Thanks for all the info and the detailed thread.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:42 am

Orange1, 2 things I noticed. The throttle bodies and foot pegs are different. Did you get in contact with Ludwig Motors?

http://www.ludwigmotors.bmw.be/

It might have been one of the last 11s to be raced in the boxercup series in Belguim and Germany. The reason for the carbon fibre heads is that it is less grippy than the magnesium ones when you deck the heads in a corner.

orange1

Postby orange1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm

tanneman

The guy I bought the bike from said he bought it from Ludwigbikes :D
Ludwig himself raced with this one if I'm right.

I have his original invoice and the ludwigbike-decals are also on the bike.

How big are the odds :lol:

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:53 pm

A link to the pelican forum for future references.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r110 ... ost7843219

Return to “Boxertech”