How many BCR were made mark threes

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

keithy6868

How many BCR were made mark threes

Postby keithy6868 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Good morning and salutations also greetings from sunny wokingham in Berkshire

Okay i have been dipping my body parts in and out of this site for weeks now and taken the plunge (messy and expensive) bought a BCR (now u made me do it)
So now i have a few questions i would like to put to you guys out there:

I would like to know how many boxer cup replicas were made

I know the mark one was 25 and built at Braknell

and then the mark two which is the randy mamola blue and white they say 319 were made

Then the mark 3 red/white and blue (very patriotic for our jubilee) would like to know numbers produced tried dealers to no avail.

Guys any comments on this subject.

I am not a number i am a free man

Rgs keithy6868 :roll: :wink: :lol:
K BARNETT

slparry

Re: How many BCR were made mark threes

Postby slparry » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 pm

keithy6868 wrote:Good morning and salutations also greetings from sunny wokingham in Berkshire

Okay i have been dipping my body parts in and out of this site for weeks now and taken the plunge (messy and expensive) bought a BCR (now u made me do it)
So now i have a few questions i would like to put to you guys out there:

I would like to know how many boxer cup replicas were made

I know the mark one was 25 and built at Braknell

and then the mark two which is the randy mamola blue and white they say 319 were made

Then the mark 3 red/white and blue (very patriotic for our jubilee) would like to know numbers produced tried dealers to no avail.

Guys any comments on this subject.

I am not a number i am a free man

Rgs keithy6868 :roll: :wink: :lol:

Well, I guess really the RWB ones could be called the mk4
mk1 the one customised by BMW GB
mk2 the single spark Mamola
mk3 the twin spark Mamola
mk4 the RWB one
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:07 am

Of the RWB ones the plan was to make only 300 initially. Quoting an earlier post 1249 where made. The single spark Mamola BCR is a rarity. The only ones with the proper tall BCR suspension is the RWB BCRs.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 am

To be pedantic, the UK ones were painted for BMW Bracknell. 25 random R1100S with the Sports Suspension option were taken from the import centre. The bikes went to a paintshop for painting and bellypans from Boxer Design were added. The bikes were then delivered to the selected dealers with a box containing the Laser rear exhaust and chip which was supposed to be fitted by the dealer at the first service.

The first Randy Mamola BCR was the only limited edition production BCR. 1000 were produced. 250 were destined for sales in Germany with the remainder for export. 135 were delivered to BMW GB. They were all made during October/November 2002. It was known within BMW as the R1100S AG BoxerCup Replika.

By the time that BMW realised that they could actually sell a lot more of them, they had moved on to the Twin Spark engine. The Twin Spark Randy Mamola (2003) and the 2004 red/white/blue version were normal production bikes. The numbers were limited solely by the numbers ordered by BMW importers around the world. The 2004 r/w/b ones were still being sold new in 2006.

There is probably no way of getting a definitive answer as to how many of these production BCR bikes were made, unless you had access to the BMW computer and had the time to feed in individually the VIN numbers of all the R1100S bikes made between January 2003 and August 2004.

sandbar

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:14 am

All interesting post's i must admit i have been wondering how many were produced as there seem's to be a lot around, look through the small ad's and there seems to be as many B,C, models as standard bikes if not more, to me it seems firms like Dream machine must have made a killing doing paint jobs on standard bikes which are now being sold as B,C, models
Not that it matters as most have been maintained well by mature owners

Looking through the ad's you would think DDP was the limited edition

My preferance is the yellow and graphite block design
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe
http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata
http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie
http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am

I think that the perceived high number of BCRs (in various guises) on the road in comparison to the "cooking" model - is twofold:

1) They were purchased at a premium, and are less likely to become "daily workhorses"

2) They are more noticible when they pass you (than a black/red/silver/blue model).

You've got to hand it to BMW - clever marketing :D

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Once again - there appears to be a fair few Boxercup Reps on Ebay right now - all three factory versions.

Of course - some are maybe hanging around due to their optomistic prices......... but a sig number.

Al

See if that works .....

AZ Pete

Postby AZ Pete » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 pm

sandbar wrote:To be pedantic, the UK ones were painted for BMW Bracknell. 25 random R1100S with the Sports Suspension option were taken from the import centre. The bikes went to a paintshop for painting and bellypans from Boxer Design were added. The bikes were then delivered to the selected dealers with a box containing the Laser rear exhaust and chip which was supposed to be fitted by the dealer at the first service.

The first Randy Mamola BCR was the only limited edition production BCR. 1000 were produced. 250 were destined for sales in Germany with the remainder for export. 135 were delivered to BMW GB. They were all made during October/November 2002. It was known within BMW as the R1100S AG BoxerCup Replika.

By the time that BMW realised that they could actually sell a lot more of them, they had moved on to the Twin Spark engine. The Twin Spark Randy Mamola (2003) and the 2004 red/white/blue version were normal production bikes. The numbers were limited solely by the numbers ordered by BMW importers around the world. The 2004 r/w/b ones were still being sold new in 2006.

There is probably no way of getting a definitive answer as to how many of these production BCR bikes were made, unless you had access to the BMW computer and had the time to feed in individually the VIN numbers of all the R1100S bikes made between January 2003 and August 2004.

sandbar

Interesting information.

My Boxer Cup (Randy Mamola, single spark) has a badge on the upper triple clamp that says "BMW Motorad Boxer Cup 2003 Replika 59/200"

I have understood this to mean that there were 200 BCR's manufactured as 2003 models, mine being the 59th.

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 am

I thought that badge was only on the US models to show how many were imported?
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am

The numbered badge is a new one on me?

Never seen it mentioned when the RM single sparks come up for sale. You'd think sellers would mention that.

Only ones I've heard of being badged - are the "British" boxercup series bikes (the Showroom-finished ones)

Al

See if that works .....

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Blackal wrote:The numbered badge is a new one on me?

Never seen it mentioned when the RM single sparks come up for sale. You'd think sellers would mention that.

Only ones I've heard of being badged - are the "British" boxercup series bikes (the Showroom-finished ones)

Al

Words right out of mouth etc :wink:
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

AZ Pete

Postby AZ Pete » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 pm

slparry wrote:I thought that badge was only on the US models to show how many were imported?

So, I now understand that there were 1000 produced, of which 200 were imported into the US?

I don't recall seeing any mention of the badge numbers being mentioned in advertisements for used BCR's here, either. It wasn't a part of the ad. for my bike, when I bought it from the original owner (a BMW tech. at a local dealership).

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 am

sandbar wrote:

The first Randy Mamola BCR was the only limited edition production BCR.

1000 were produced.
250 were destined for sales in Germany with the remainder for export.
135 were delivered to BMW GB.

They were all made during October/November 2002.

It was known within BMW as the R1100S AG BoxerCup Replika.

...years ago I asked Berlin how many they produced ; never received the answer...

...and BTW ; the kind dealer once told me, only 35 mono-sparks were destined for sales in Holland...

...I had one... ;)
Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Return to “Boxerbanter”