OOh missus, its so hot!!

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

timbox2

OOh missus, its so hot!!

Postby timbox2 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:29 pm

Treated myself to the BMW heated waistcoat today,HOW MUCH!!!!, and have just been down the road to give it a try, its about zero degrees outside, and I had to stop and turn it down to low, Ok its only a short run, and Sunday will be more of a test going up to the NEC and back, Ill keep you posted.
---------------------------

dave2wheels

Postby dave2wheels » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm too late ....I was going to suggest the Gerbing offering

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:25 pm

dave2wheels wrote:I'm too late ....I was going to suggest the Gerbing offering

Did look at the options, Gerbing, Klan and others and while at first glance the BMW seems very expensive, when you add a heat controller to the others which comes as standard with the BM one it isnt that much more, plus I couldnt find anybody who actually kept the things in stock and on clothing especially I wont buy without trying it on, which I could at Motorrad Bristol.

Ohh, and i like the little BMW label :roll:, plus I really like the experience of buying stuff there, I always feel as though Im a very valued customer down there, an experience sadly lacking in the majority of retail establishments, Ok maybe Ive got mug stamped on me head, but Im happy

dave2wheels

Postby dave2wheels » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:50 am

not only the feelgood factor but the BMW,Hein Gericke,Schuberth (bit of a German theme here) feels good quality and well fitting kit.
I shunned expensive kit for a while thinking how could it be worth it but I really appreciate it now...just couldn't afford it when I was younger or maybe because I spent more money on beer than I should have done back then

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:38 pm

dave2wheels wrote:not only the feelgood factor but the BMW,Hein Gericke,Schuberth (bit of a German theme here) feels good quality and well fitting kit.
I shunned expensive kit for a while thinking how could it be worth it but I really appreciate it now...just couldn't afford it when I was younger or maybe because I spent more money on beer than I should have done back then

Yep, actually just bought a C2 Schuberth, I paid £309, then my mate tells me after that James Sherlock does em for £250, gutted.

Yogi Bear

Postby Yogi Bear » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:19 pm

timbox2 wrote:Yep, actually just bought a C2 Schuberth,

Great Lid, I've had mine for a couple of years now :wink:

Ali
“Wrinkles merely indicate where smiles have been”
Mark Twain

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:42 pm

And today, down to Hein Gericke this morning, just for some trousers you understand, walked out with £400 quids worth of Gortex Jacket AND Trousers, dont you just love 0% over 10 months. :roll:

Return to “Recommended products/services”