[NOT recommended] but worth checking out- ALDI

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

Postby Herb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Picked up a couple of pairs of socks and some workshop wipes.

If your on a budget, perhaps starting out, its pretty decent gear. I thought the leather jacket looked OK for the money. Miles better than anything I had when I started 25 years ago in my Mr Clive jacket, trainers and Pepe jeans.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 am

As with all Aldi offers you need to be there on the day that the the offers come out and at opening time. I have seen it before guys come in and take trolley loads of stuff as soon as the store opens - they then either take them to their market stalls and mark them up for a profit or sell them on E bay. My wife went to get an electric sewing machine once (£39) and managed to get the last one in the shop 30 minutes after it had opened she saw a chap putting 6 into the back of his van as she arrived.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

adam

Re: [NOT recommended] but worth checking out- ALDI

Postby adam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Lidl were recently selling battery tenders for £12. They were rebranded Ctek ones that sell for x4 the price in bike shops. I bought a whole bunch of them :lol:

adam

Re: [NOT recommended] but worth checking out- ALDI

Postby adam » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Managed to auction a couple of the battery chargers for over £30 at the bike club dinner, with proceeds going to the Irish Air Ambulance (the Road Racers favourite insurance company :lol: ) and several other bike riding mates thought I'd bought them really expensive Xmas presents :lol:

Return to “Recommended products/services”