Spectacle wearers? Read on...

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

FLASH

Spectacle wearers? Read on...

Postby FLASH » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:58 am

I've always encountered TWO problems:
1) Steaming up of glasses
2) Unable to read my clocks or a map on my tankbag

Solutions:
1) Until recently the only permanent solution I found was to use a Foggy mask. This worked very well but wasn't particularlky pleasant to wear and it had to be put on exactly right if it was going to be effective.
I am now, however the happy owner of an AIROH helmet which has got the most effective venting i have ever come across. The helmet just will NOT steam up (except at a total standstill, where you can just crack the visor a little). At anything above 10mph the visor and glasses just clear totally. Even in the pouring rain. Here: http://www.airoh.it/uk.htm

2) I've found a supplier of stick-on corrective lenses that I've applied to the inside lower edge of my visor. While wearing my glasses I can now read the map on my tankbag and can see my clocks clearly. Here: http://www.pilotmall.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=930
Give it a go!
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:40 pm

Hey Flash,
Good Site I have the oposite problem I need reading glasses so can not see my tank bag/map/crib notes have just tried the on line sight test and seems to be ok.

However how do you adhere yours to the inside of your visor?

Bob

Mick Mac

Postby Mick Mac » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:42 pm

Hi Flash,

Sounds interesting! The opening model SV55 looks good. What model did you go for?

Presumably you went for the 3.0 correcting lenses to give maximum magnification?

Mick

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:28 am

Yo, Peeps
I've got the Mathisse in matt silver with the black visor (also got the standard clear). Dog's danglies.

The lenses are held in place electro-statically. You put a dab of water on the inside of the visor and then slide the lens to the required position. Done. They can be removed as and when you like. I've got the 2.0 strength which is more than enough for me.
You can also fit this to your normal specs and Lo! Bi-focals!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:14 pm

I always wondered about your vision on the move..... :shock:
non quod, sed quomodo

bernsmartco

Postby bernsmartco » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:37 pm

Flash,
They seem like a good idea for all of us old gits whos vision is failing. How long you been using them?
You ever ride with your visor in the up position at relatively low speeds?
Seems to me with all that air moving around the water will dry out and the lens drop off.
Keep us posted
Ride safely
Bern.

Gats

Postby Gats » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:39 pm

RiceBurner wrote:I always wondered about your vision on the move..... :shock:

The Road of Doom! 'incident' is gaining more clarity, now. No wonder our fearless leader uses a GS! :shock:

;)
Gary Rose.
'06 R1200S Titanium with farkles - Moristech Pro Sequential Interceptor, full Remus system, carbon bits
'12 Tiger Explorer, loaded
'15 Triumph Thruxton ACE Cafe (hers)
-------------
A little inaccuracy saves a tonne of explanation.

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:21 pm

Gats! Ricebrainer! Go and stand over in the corner! I'm talking to that nice Mister Bernsmartco....

had 'em on for 5 minutes. I'll keep you posted but they seem to do what it says on the tin. Once they're in place they're held there by electro-staticism stuff. They're not permananetly wet.

Pip pip

Return to “Recommended products/services”