A Wee Grampian Adventure Fri 17th July - Sun 19th July 2020

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

big rob

Re: A Wee Grampian Adventure Fri 17th July - Sun 19th July 2020

Postby big rob » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Hey folks, as you're going to be in our "back yard" it would be rude not pop along and say hello. :)
Gail & I won't be staying away from home but could meet-up Friday/ Saturday and tag along for the ride [smilie=biker.gif]
Will keep an eye on this thread and arrange to meet somewhere; we're about 1-hour from Clattering Brig and can be in Dufftown in under 2-hours :bounce:

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Rob, be good to catch up with you and Gail--look forward to it
Peter.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

herrman wrote:Arden guest house now booked for the Sat night also, looking forward to this now. Back onto 2 wheels and meeting up with old friends!!

Great stuff Peter :wink:

boxerscott wrote:My plans remain the same 8)

Chris.

Perfect Chris :thumbright:

Paul wrote:I've also booked myself back into the Arden guest house for Saturday night.

Cheers,

Paul

:hello1:

big rob wrote:Hey folks, as you're going to be in our "back yard" it would be rude not pop along and say hello. :)
Gail & I won't be staying away from home but could meet-up Friday/ Saturday and tag along for the ride [smilie=biker.gif]
Will keep an eye on this thread and arrange to meet somewhere; we're about 1-hour from Clattering Brig and can be in Dufftown in under 2-hours :bounce:

Excellent Rob, be good to see you & Gail, on both days :lol: :wink:

Looks like we got ourselves a road trip :bounce: 8)
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Hmm, looks like I might be on the yellow bike!! Mot still current, Taxed and insured now. Just feels right after all this time! looking forward to it now.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:24 am

herrman wrote:Hmm, looks like I might be on the yellow bike!! Mot still current, Taxed and insured now. Just feels right after all this time! looking forward to it now.

That makes two of us then Peter :wink: cause I think I'm gonna come on me XJR (Kenny Roberts Yellow Speed Block) and have some noise in me ears :twisted:

I've a Mate from the Boxster club who's coming up from 'Darn Sarf' :bounce: He's been off bikes for a while and got himself an early GS - keeping the Boxa engine theme 8) and putting the miles in to get his confidence back :wink:

I've also another Mate from Kinross joining us for the trip as we leave the M90 at Lochleven :wink:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Face masks compulsory enclosed spaces Scotland. Think on :wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Archie

Postby Archie » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:46 am

My wife broke her wrist quite badly a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure if would still be able to go.

The good news is I can escape for a couple of days as a pal of hers will stay and help out. :D

I've now also booked in the Arden on Saturday night so count me in for the meal.

See you all on Friday.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Really looking forward to this now, been out on the S this weekend just to get used to it again (not ridden it for the best part of 2yrs) Hated it on Fri--to tense and far to rusty, but today I was far more relaxed and enjoyed the ride, not the most comfortable thing but it was fun--Might yet get it to the 100 thousand miles I always said I would!! See you guys Thurs/Fri
Peter.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:44 pm

Archie wrote:My wife broke her wrist quite badly a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure if would still be able to go.

The good news is I can escape for a couple of days as a pal of hers will stay and help out. :D

I've now also booked in the Arden on Saturday night so count me in for the meal.

See you all on Friday.

Sorry to hear about your wifes wrist, thats not nice :( But, every cloud eh :D

Why name are you booked into the Fife Lodge Archie ? so I can check the bookings Mate :wink:

See you Fri morning :bounce:

herrman wrote:Really looking forward to this now, been out on the S this weekend just to get used to it again (not ridden it for the best part of 2yrs) Hated it on Fri--to tense and far to rusty, but today I was far more relaxed and enjoyed the ride, not the most comfortable thing but it was fun--Might yet get it to the 100 thousand miles I always said I would!! See you guys Thurs/Fri
Peter.

Great news Peter, you'll be right back into it after the first morning :wink:

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:43 pm

I am working a plan that may/should see me along for the ride on Friday. :D

Looks like there is no room at the inn on Friday night, so I'll be heading back to Broxburn at some point on Friday afternoon, perhaps picking up some pf the stuff you will be doing on the Saturday.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm

jeznewsome wrote:I am working a plan that may/should see me along for the ride on Friday. :D

Looks like there is no room at the inn on Friday night, so I'll be heading back to Broxburn at some point on Friday afternoon, perhaps picking up some pf the stuff you will be doing on the Saturday.

Two other lads not on Boxertrix are booked into here for the Fri night because the Fife Lodge was full Jez http://www.carmelitehousehotel.com and we can all eat at the Fife Lodge just so you know :wink:

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Ta. I'll take a look but with me heading to a Buell do in the Lakes on the Sunday I suspect I will need to spend some time with SWMBO at the in-laws on the Saturday.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:26 am

jeznewsome wrote:Ta. I'll take a look but with me heading to a Buell do in the Lakes on the Sunday I suspect I will need to spend some time with SWMBO at the in-laws on the Saturday.

Ok, thats no problem, got to keep the good lady on side :wink:

Let me know if you are coming and if you want to wait at Newbridge for us passing or catch us at the Bridge to save you riding round the bypass to come back no problem :D

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 am

BoxerCup R wrote:Let me know if you are coming and if you want to wait at Newbridge for us passing or catch us at the Bridge to save you riding round the bypass to come back no problem :D

Accepting the time aspects I'll meet you guys at the pub before 0930, so I can try to put names to faces and bikes before we start riding

big rob

Postby big rob » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm

BoxerCup R wrote:
I've also another Mate from Kinross joining us for the trip as we leave the M90 at Lochleven :wink:

Hello John, what's your planned route once you're back on the right side of the Tay?
I would guess you will be passing close to ours en-route to Clattering Brig, we could tag-on OR meet at Clattering Brig.
What time do you expect to be at Clattering Brig?

Looking forward to catching-up with fellow Trixters, old & new :)

Rob & Gail

Return to “Days Out”