A Wee Grampian Adventure Fri 17th July - Sun 19th July 2020

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

Re: A Wee Grampian Adventure Fri 17th July - Sun 19th July 2020

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 pm

LozBoxa wrote:
Archie wrote:Nice write-up John, you have a good memory.

However I could have sworn that Rob from Moffat was on a GS?

Keep up Archie! Never confuse the Truth with a good yarn from our esteemed leader. I’ve heard he funded those new boots selling London Bridge to some yanks who wanted a matching pair :lol:

:lol: You crack me up Loz :lol:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:02 pm

I can’t start this with anything other than a massive thank you to john for dragging m me back onto motorcycles and then introducing me to just the right kind of maniacs that make me enjoy them to the absolute max. It’s been a wonderful weekend I’m almost home I thought I could make it on two tanks, it turns out when my red light comes on I have 24.7 miles to go, ask me how I know… :oops:

Last night I laughed so hard I cried and I was in pain in my ribs John is too goddamn funny fortunately all his friends Have the patience of a saint to withstand most if not all of his stories. They are bloody good though. Rob and Gail it was so nice to meet you and that banana cake Legendary in my book, I only heard tell of how great the riding was from both of you, so next time we’re out hopefully I’ll get to learn from it. Peter a man of your age has no business leading young men like us astray! great riding with you and you have every right to smile when you put that bike away, you certainly do it justice.

Too many great moments with you all to mention but suffice to say I very pleased to have found this little corner of t’interweb and look forward to Moffat! Whenever that meet is :?: :?:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:20 pm

LozBoxa wrote:
Too many great moments with you all to mention but suffice to say I very pleased to have found this little corner of t’interweb and look forward to Moffat! Whenever that meet is :?: :?:
Loz, check Days Out "Back end Bucchie"

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Carts

Postby Carts » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi all

Looks like you had a good days riding on Saturday, with great weather. Probably one of the best biking routes in the Highland.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to John for organisation, only thing when are you organising the next run. :bounce:

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Well I headed back to The Fife Lodge on Sunday and spent today (Monday) doing a figure of 8 run over to the Kyle of Lochalsh via Inverness. Rain forecast for the day, but I just had a couple of very brief downpours and the occasional splash of drizzle, neither of which spoilt the run. Leaving my panniers in the hotel for the day helped the bike's handling no end :wink:

Heading back south tomorrow via Jedburgh to stay at Chris and Amanda's B&B, then the long slog south on Wednesday to sunny Surrey. All in all, a most pleasing week away from my lockdown confinement at home. Roll on Moffat in October.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:39 pm

I've not been paying attention here .... missed this one completely. We are beyond disappointed .......

We live 4 miles from Gleneagles.

Jenny especially is so sad she didn't see Peter on his bike ... she says.

We had a lovely weekend that Friday / Saturday with second daughter and her partner visiting for the first time post lockdown. But was twiddling thumbs on Sunday.

So sorry to have missed you guys.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:49 pm

GRAgusta wrote:I've not been paying attention here .... missed this one completely. We are beyond disappointed .......

We live 4 miles from Gleneagles.

Jenny especially is so sad she didn't see Peter on his bike ... she says.

We had a lovely weekend that Friday / Saturday with second daughter and her partner visiting for the first time post lockdown. But was twiddling thumbs on Sunday.

So sorry to have missed you guys.

Shame you missed it but it will not be the last run I do :wink:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Return to “Days Out”