Yorkshire Trixter Weekend: 26-28th Sept

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Excellent weekend, as allways :D

Great to see you all again, many thanks to Paul for sorting a cracking route ( Kirkstone pass...an absolute giggle.. :thumbright: ) top bloke.

Nice photos Richard..

cheers

Steve

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Great weekend as usual, thanks to Peter for the organization & thanks to PB for the ride.

Got home at 3.00pm, 5 hours better than the 6 hours to get there.

NO thanks to Gromit for the photo of the bloke that looks like me but 25 years older :shock:

A visit to to my dealer is on hand as the bike whilst really good had a realy bad vibe thru the bars and pegs.

Noticed the Lh pipe is blue to the cross over pipe whilst the Rh side is blue for the first quarter.

Hit it with the infrared thermometer when I got home Lh side 56c Rh side 70c
Mis adjusted valve clearance is my guess
:?:

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:NO thanks to Gromit for the photo of the bloke that looks like me but 25 years older :shock:

Do you mean the photo of Reg? :?

Al :wink:

Hawes looks a nice place, and good scenery too, by all accounts,
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Excellent weekend and introduction to a Boxertrix "event".

Thanks to all involved in the organising, the routes and the dinner as well as making the new bloke welcome.
Just need one of those turbo kits now as the old 11S is showing its age and lack of grunt compared to all of you lot with more modern bikes.

When's the next one?
John M

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Good to meet you John - glad you had a good w/e. :)

Bob - you'd got your Race Face on, with a full-on explanation of metallurgy or some such. 8)

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:30 pm

This is the route we ended up doing... the panned route to follow

https://goo.gl/maps/2pb3a
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

boxerscott

Yorkshire (Land of the Pail) Weekend

Postby boxerscott » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Jolly nice weekend with like minded folk, never saw much of the ride out cos we were too busy bump starting "us bikes" Got home 4.30pm via leyburn, Richmond, Northallerton, Thirsk, Helmsley Stokesley... well you would wouldn`t you?

Thanks to Paul and Archie for the ride out.

BTW those "Red" Hondas looked bloody marvellous :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 pm

This was planned route

https://goo.gl/maps/3gwrE
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Thanks PB

Will log the routes for future use.
Did some of it again today on the way home.
Hope you get the X11 insurance issue sorted out ok.
John M

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks. Added parts up from Honda parts site and they will want to write it off if they go for replacement parts.. about £1900!

Not letting that happen though, there nowt wrong that a couple of new bits wouldnt sort out
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Gromit wrote:
Bob - you'd got your Race Face on, with a full-on explanation of metallurgy or some such. 8)

I think it was the " powder coating is f'ing shite" rant...............again :lol:

Thanks to all attendees for another cracking weekend, nice to meet some of our newbies, but special thanks to Peter for orchestrating the whole shebang, PB for sorting and leading the route, and to Archie for his tail end charlie duties.
Oh, and apologies to anyone who was on the end of my drunken left wing rantings on sat nite :oops:

Right then, bring on the scottish bash next may :D

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Boxered wrote:
Right then, bring on the scottish bash next may :D

Steve

What happened to the Wales bash in April?

Only a day tripper this year but a great to meet up with a few familiar faces (and introduce a new one) and the usual high class route.

Covered about 470 miles in total yesterday so a long day and my lack of any other riding this summer was certainly felt on the way home and this morning. Still aching now :oops: I have to say the day has rekindled my interest in bikes which has been somewhat lacking this year. Just in time for the crap weather. Still, there is always next year.

Nice to see one other 11S there at least :D

Big thanks to Peter for the organisation and Paul for the cracking, if somewhat fluid route :D Top blokes

DT

PS: I spoke to my brother this morning (Pan European) and he said how much he enjoyed the day and would be up for Wales next year.
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 am

Yeah. Looks like a nice route. I would have liked that.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:09 am

f90x wrote:Yeah. Looks like a nice route. I would have liked that.

:? Well I deffo saw you there at Hawes first thing in the morning. What went wrong?

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:07 am

Dog Tyred wrote:
f90x wrote:Yeah. Looks like a nice route. I would have liked that.

:? Well I deffo saw you there at Hawes first thing in the morning. What went wrong?

DT

I might be incorrect here, but as I understand it the marker at the first junction as we left Hawes did not wait for the last few and the tail end Charlie. Consequently those last few didn't take the turn and Archie TEC realised hey had missed the turning and raced off to gather them up. I waited at the third junction as I was marker and waited for half an hour or so then rode back a couple of miles to see if anyone was broken down but then went back along the route and found Jonny5 at the next junction where he had been waiting half an hour or more. We then picked up a guy (sorry don't know his name) on an RT who had been waiting 45 mins. We then got to the next junction and no-one was there. (Understandable as by now they would have been waiting an hour plus.

Now, if I am incorrect about the first marker moving off then I apologise but this is how I understand it went down. There are lessons to be learnt here. It's not the end of the world but obviously some of us had a bit of a rubbish day. We were in an area of which we have no knowledge and although one can stumble across some great roads it's not the same as knowing where one is going.

Getting out of Hawes was particularly sticky so it was clear that it was going to take a little while for us all to get out. However, the first junction was less than two minutes out of the village so it wouldn't have taken 'that' long to wait for everyone to pass. We must ALL take note of who the Tail End Charlie is and make sure we see them pass us when we are the marker and if they don't arrive then make our way back to see what's happened. (They might be broken down or worse)

Like I say, apologies if I am incorrect and ultimately it's not the end of the world but I for one had a 600 mile round motorway trip, two nights accommodation and only got 40 minutes of the ride. It shouldn't be like that.

It was nice to meet some new folk though and I enjoyed riding with Jonny5 and his incredibly enthusiastic wife Clair. Top people and I love that TL.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

Return to “Days Out”