BMW club track days

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

'Let me check my concernometer.'

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Excellent photo :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Boxercup with fatman onboard :D

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 pm

I missed last Monday because of a mate's wedding but have signed up for the August date. Looking forward to my first trackday and really seeing what the S can do!

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 pm

The S can do a lot of stuff... the problem is normally us on top not being very good. :D

I hate not being able to go on the 12th...

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:32 am

I've added an album on our club website.

http://www.photos.oakleymc.net/index.ph ... -June-2013

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Had a great day today. Woke up to find a nail in my front tyre so I had to miss my first two sessions while I got a new one fitted but thoroughly enjoyed it after that. Will post some pics and a video of a forum member when I get the chance! Speaking of the pics - the quantity and quality doesn't seem as high as last time. Because of the sessions I missed I only appeared in 6 photos! :cry:

bins

Postby bins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes the day went well, with only (I believe) one excursion onto the grass, that has probably put the BMW club track days well and truly at the top of the list of safely run days. Another 21 riders rode their first day with the club, making a total of 194 in the last 5 years. A squad of 3 ladys spent the whole day riding with their instructor, in the afternoon when others were speeding up a bit we provided another instructor to ride behind so they were in their own little safety bubble. Some local enthusiasts brought some vintage and classic vehicles to add to the interest. I had the area of paddock behind the garages cleared of all vehicles, apart from the tyre support and demo bike vans all you could see was bikes or clear space.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 pm

I'll have to upload some photos. metropolis2k took some photos, may he can contribute to the thread. That grey bumblebee type paint scheme on his bike suits the 11S very well. You can look at it all day without tiring of it.

In all the years that I have attended the BMW club track days this must have been one of the best. No accidents. Donald did come past me on his HP2S in the braking zone for Agostini but ran onto the grass. He is an experienced rider and raced for many years so he knew what he was doing. Watched him all the way I almost forgot to turn in. Well it was his rear wheel hopping on the tarmac that drew my attention. He recons it needs a slipper clutch, He He.

I really like these track days and hope some of the trixters would join us next year. I just hope that damoace would get the 1150BCR sorted for next year.

Some photos from picman who does the BMW club track days.
http://www.picman.co.uk/albums.php?alb=109064

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 am

I didn't get many photos but here's a few below:

A few of the picman ones of me came out quite well too - they didn't include all of them on the disc so I don't have this one yet:

Tanneman - I managed to get the shortest video clip of you ever! Shame you were so close to the other bike so we can't appreciate the sound as much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuVKptOapI

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 am

Forgot about this post...

I actually have a video of some of my first laps in the morning :oops:
You can see the instructor on the R1200GS Adventure majestically overtaking me on the first corner after the straight :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDzT7bCnCs

bins

Postby bins » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:03 pm

The BMW club are having 2 days at Snetterton 300 this year, June 9th and August 18th, if there is enough interest there will be a day at Cadwell on September 29th.

Several Trixsters have been in previous years and I hope they will back me up in saying I run a controlled, friendly atmosphere day, probably more suitable for beginners than budding racers, training is compulsory for the cautious and inter groups for their first session, riders in the cautious group are then encouraged to continue with training until they show a reasonable level of confidence. For experienced folks it's a day where one can expect very few (2 over the last 5 events) stoppages and numbers on track are below the circuit maximum. My team of 25 instructors range from an ex. GP racer to IAM and ROSPA observers.

It's road bikes only and no tyre warmers, open to non club members on any make of bike, we have a social BBQ on the Sunday evening before Snetterton as I live close by.

I am in charge of these days, they are not part of another track day organizers event, unlike the BMW GB promotions.

http://www.sporting-register.talktalk.net/

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 pm

I'll be there June the 9th!

Last year was amazing (as you can see from the previous posts in this thread).
It was actually my first track day in the UK after a long pause (almost 6 years) from track days back in Italy and it was an extremely good and relaxed way to go back "up to speed".

:D

I'm pretty sure other two trixters (and friends) will be there too:
metropolis2k and surflogic

If anyone else is going from London... I was considering renting a van because I wanted to bring both my bikes (the BXC and the Adventure).
Or either ride one and load the other with someone else... I'll work something out in the next months... :D :D :D
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm booked in for June 9th with the Boxer Cup now.

There's still places available and it's highly recommended!

Return to “Days Out”