Suggestions for this Saturday?

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Bikerhoss

Suggestions for this Saturday?

Postby Bikerhoss » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey troops,
Despite the forecast saying snow for me this Friday, it's supposed to be sunny this weekend, SO, my brother suggested a day/night away as a last run of the year type thing,
I don't fancy the NEC Bike Show as I don't really need any kit etc, and it'll be a pretty dull main road trek to get there anyway,
Is there anything interesting in your local area worth a trip this Saturday? I'm not great at searching the web, so all I can seem to find is classical recitals :?

If you fancy a trip yourself to Aberdeenshire, there's 'Christmas at Crathes' (family day oot at the castle, reindeer and the like), and that's about as exciting as it gets :roll:
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm considerably closer than you to the NEC even so it's still a tedious journey so I go on the train £19 return and a direct line from Wrexham to the NEC :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm

slparry wrote:I'm considerably closer than you to the NEC even so it's still a tedious journey so I go on the train £19 return and a direct line from Wrexham to the NEC :)

Wow thats a good deal, I wish I could get a train direct from Liverpool to the NEC :(

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm

in all honesty, it wasn't that good - apart from the freestyle mx. Seemed a lot smaller than it used to be - guess that;s a sign of the times
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Al

Postby Al » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Aberdeenshire!!! not this time of year, I went in July last year on the way back from the Orkney`s and that was bad enough.
We are off to Rome tomorrow and then up to Giglio, my son is a project engineer on the Costa Concordia salvage operation so we are going to see how its going and get a bit of late autumn sun in Rome(I hope).
I think we have a scooter on the island, but I cannot see the bikes coming out again this year unless the either of the cars break.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Boxered wrote:
slparry wrote:I'm considerably closer than you to the NEC even so it's still a tedious journey so I go on the train £19 return and a direct line from Wrexham to the NEC :)

Wow thats a good deal, I wish I could get a train direct from Liverpool to the NEC :(

Steve

The one I'm getting "may" be direct from Bidston ?

Just checked .. no there isn't and I see what you mean Liverpool to Nec is 38 quid ouch .....
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 pm

[quote="Al my son is a project engineer on the Costa Concordia salvage operation

Al.[/quote]

hey Al,whats going on with that?other than the captain being on the news as going to court,i havent seen anything about the ship.guess its chip shop news now.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Al

Postby Al » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:22 pm

recovery ongoing, they are going to roll ship onto a platform that my lads firm is fixing to the seabed, then the plan is to fix floats to it and take it away. very simple plan, unbelievable amount of work involved. 450 workers from all over the planet, chaos some of the time, my sons boys are drilling 28 holes in the sea bed 2m dia for the platforms( they have done 4 since Aug), they should had the jigs in sept, getting them in 10 days!! so they are a bit behind, an italian firm is responsible for the jig, a film is being made of the recovery.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “Days Out”