Hawes- - July.

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stoney

Re: Hawes- - July.

Postby stoney » Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 pm

From Leeds. Happy to hook up on your way. Keep in touch nearer the time.
Andy

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 pm

stoney wrote:From Leeds. Happy to hook up on your way. Keep in touch nearer the time.

Will do, I grew up in Ilkley so know a few fun routes to Hawes.
You’ve got yourself a wingman 8)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Pete, just wanting to secure my place in the pecking order as back marker, i am mindful of other experiences of losing comrades at the the first junction leaving Hawes, to avoid this confusion I will be riding the widest motherfxxker of a motorcycle ever made. :bounce:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:47 pm

herrman wrote:Will do Andy but Fri nights tend to be a free for all regarding meals, folks turning up at different times, reckon I'll be in the chippy!!

And we will be,I think it is the law in Hawes.Any news on Sat night meal?
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Hey up, i`ve booked a single at fountain, now wanting a double ... any single out there who has booked a double for single occupancy would consider swapping ??

Sorted . it`s done. Our lass is coming along.

Best get a decent table sorted for dinner

chris
Last edited by boxerscott on Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi all, no luck in trying to book a group meal for Sat I'm afraid, whilst things are hopefully changing difficult to get anything sorted for a group. (understand ably) so think it's a bit of a free for all regarding food on the Sat night. Sure we we all be able to get together in the relavent groups for a drink on the evenings, and looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Regards Peter

stoney

Postby stoney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Are there any details of the route for Saturday yet?
Andy

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:22 pm

stoney wrote:Are there any details of the route for Saturday yet?
I remember an answer to a similar question posted years ago by a group leader, it went "it`s sort of a mystery tour"

Classic boxertrix.

Bring along Crystal Ball Nav

Chris
Fiat Panda.

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:13 pm

boxerscott wrote:
stoney wrote:Are there any details of the route for Saturday yet?
I remember an answer to a similar question posted years ago by a group leader, it went "it`s sort of a mystery tour"

Classic boxertrix.

Bring along Crystal Ball Nav

Chris

I seem to remember saying something similar years ago.If everyone follows instructions on drop off system there is no need for anyone to know where they are going.Much like life really.Hope to see you all in a very hot & sunny Hawes.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

stoney

Postby stoney » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:30 pm

I only ask as I have to leave you part way through for a family engagement so was trying to have a rough idea of the route direction to see how much of it I could do ;-)
Andy

dark_knight87

Postby dark_knight87 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm

I came through Hawes on Sunday (18-07-2021) as I had been to the Altberg factory to get measured up for some custom bike boots (located in Richmond). Note the petrol station in the village opens at 10am (but you can get fuel before then by using the card machine outside).

Plenty of bikes and police on the B6255 and around the Ribblehead viaduct there were a lot of walkers and cyclists. Sadly I was in the car but the roads where just brilliant and will have to take the bike up that way at some point - enjoy!

Regards,
Russ
It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that it was excellent.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Hoping to chat with you all on Fri evening, depending upon the weather and if you want coast or country?? Sort a route then if that works with you all!! Just after a relaxing weekend out on our bikes with a social element on the evenings. Full tank, 10-00am in the market place please.

Peter

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:56 am

herrman wrote:Hi all, no luck in trying to book a group meal for Sat I'm afraid, whilst things are hopefully changing difficult to get anything sorted for a group. (understand ably) so think it's a bit of a free for all regarding food on the Sat night. Sure we we all be able to get together in the relavent groups for a drink on the evenings, and looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Regards Peter

I was in Hawes for an overnighter last week, and it will probably be a scratcharound for a table anywhere. BUT - they will certainly appreciate full tables of 4 inside and outside.

Have a great weekend! :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Usaul plan guys 10-00 am sat morning market place, Hawes full tanks and off we go, Drop off system as allways, just finished putting a Hyperpro rear shock on and progressive springs in the front so be intereresting to see how it feels!!

stoney

Postby stoney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:34 pm

For anyone that fancies tagging on. Myself and Nick are meeting at Wetherby services at 1.30pm and will be taking a scenic route over to Hawes, anyone that wishes to join us will be made very welcome. There will be a guarantee of stunningly clear views of Yorkshire’s finest vistas, including all three of our lovely peaks, and a very refreshing pint of Ale at our final destination.
Last edited by stoney on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Return to “Days Out”