Hawes- - July.

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Re: Hawes- - July.

Postby herrman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 am

Nice group building up now. Guess I'll have to start working on a route for the Sat.

johnny 5

Postby johnny 5 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:58 am

Me and the missus booked in at dales house :bounce:
Ktm 1290 sas
R1200s candy cane
R1200s black

johnny 5

Postby johnny 5 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Also I’ll have a few friends that will come for day trip if that’s ok ?
Ktm 1290 sas
R1200s candy cane
R1200s black

johnny 5

Postby johnny 5 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:02 pm

:D
Ktm 1290 sas
R1200s candy cane
R1200s black

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:40 pm

No problem John, as long as there well behaved!!

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Coast or country any preference for our ride on the Saturday??

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:46 pm

herrman wrote:Coast or country any preference for our ride on the Saturday??
My observations from previous runs.... lets count em all out and do our best to ensure the same number return :roll: ... safely. No preferences other than that and that I can do rear gunners job, planning to come on me Valk, if it`s dry and sunny.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Sat May 08, 2021 5:46 am

Certainly a day tripper guest pass request for this one, please. Probly stay over, but suffering from extreme paranoia. My trusty old 1100 GS was stolen from a hotel in leeds two weeks ago. Not looking like I’ll see her again...

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 am

LozBoxa wrote:Certainly a day tripper guest pass request for this one, please. Probly stay over, but suffering from extreme paranoia. My trusty old 1100 GS was stolen from a hotel in leeds two weeks ago. Not looking like I’ll see her again...
Oh no! Not a nice experience. Every cloud has a silver lining, there exists another out there with your name on it.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Sat May 08, 2021 10:16 am

boxerscott wrote:
LozBoxa wrote:Certainly a day tripper guest pass request for this one, please. Probly stay over, but suffering from extreme paranoia. My trusty old 1100 GS was stolen from a hotel in leeds two weeks ago. Not looking like I’ll see her again...
Oh no! Not a nice experience. Every cloud has a silver lining, there exists another out there with your name on it.

Chris.

Yep :D

4639BE2E-8FB3-450F-9218-FEEFD4D308F0.jpeg
4639BE2E-8FB3-450F-9218-FEEFD4D308F0.jpeg (762.29 KiB) Viewed 18425 times

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun May 09, 2021 11:30 pm

Well done, Full luggage too. Noticeable differences in the ride? Please tell us more, I went from an 1100 spec twin spark to an 1100 single spark (not by choice) did not notice much difference. Went to a 1200 lc and the difference was really noticeable so was the financial outlay! Bought a r9t racer with the 1200 air oil cooled hex head plant , not in the same league as the LC motor but a great step up from the 1100 air oil cooled predecessor. I also missed out on the 1150 engines when the GS `ss really started to appeal to mainstream riders and we lost our individuality. I burnt my pipe and slippers when blade and gixxer riders adopted our beloved tractors. :lol:

I love bikes with the depreciation mashed out of them.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Mon May 10, 2021 7:59 am

I am finding the R1200 is best described as how KTM would build a GS compared to my old 1100. It rides much “pointier” and rapid kicks up the box make the bars twitch as lightness on the front end under load from 115nm of torque is a nice uplift. Pun intended.

The power feel significantly increased. I didn’t find my old girl slow, this is sports bike fast. I need to recalibrate. I’ve got 400 miles on her in week one so I’ve begun the process.

I love the styling. Until my friend Ivana sat in her, I couldn’t see she was still a big bike. Felt much more compact than Thumper. Smoothness of the motor is remarkable. I heard it, I knew I had to have one. Didn’t need to ride it it. Didn’t test ride. Just paid and rode home.

Love the controls. Light and easy. Pleased to have same size wheels and tyres.

Luggage is a funny one. I like the idea of touring more so I’m happy to have it. Like riding without it too.

I can’t imagine wanting anything but a GS. Does everything better than I could exploit. Don’t ever need to see three figure speeds to be having fun.
Loving 50mpg average.

stoney

Postby stoney » Mon May 10, 2021 10:30 am

I’ve booked into the Fountain for the Friday night now. Pete - can you include me in any group meal that might happen Friday night please?

Also anyone else heading up Friday afternoon and want to meet up for the ride?

I need to be over in York Saturday evening so May peel off the ride at some point during the day but will play it all be ear. Really looking forward to this.
Andy

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Mon May 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Will do Andy but Fri nights tend to be a free for all regarding meals, folks turning up at different times, reckon I'll be in the chippy!!

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 pm

stoney wrote:I’ve booked into the Fountain for the Friday night now. Pete - can you include me in any group meal that might happen Friday night please?

Also anyone else heading up Friday afternoon and want to meet up for the ride?

I need to be over in York Saturday evening so May peel off the ride at some point during the day but will play it all be ear. Really looking forward to this.

Where are you coming up from? I might be up for joining you. I’m in the East Midlands.

Return to “Days Out”