Brake bleeding (again)

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Brake bleeding (again)

Postby RiceBurner » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:21 pm

Anything out of the ordinary about these bikes I should know about??

I've been able to maintain very well bled brakes on a ZXR400 with braided hoses (basically a race setup) for years so I know how to bleed brakes - but I can't seem to lose the "sponginess" on the brakes on my Rockster.

Any suggestions?? It's NOT ABS and NOT servo - the two systems (front and back) are totally separate.

There is a "link" section of moulded (cast?) tubing that the initial hose leads to - could there be a problem with having this??

I'm very tempted to buy two complete new hoses (ie each running directly from the m/c to each calliper) and have a "race" type system again.
non quod, sed quomodo

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:32 pm

Wish I could help RB - I hate the bloody things too and the ones on my chundercat are SERIOUSLY SCARILY PANTS PAINTING bouncy.

I reckon an investment in one of those vacuum pump brake bleeding tools is the answer.... so when you get one, can I borrow it please :lol:

Jason

mdouglas

Postby mdouglas » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:01 pm

RB.

I have a MityVac vacuum bleeder that I invested the thick end of 100 sovs in.

You're welcome to come round and see if you can "stiffen" them up using that. (Chessington exit off A3 and then about 4 streets away)

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:45 am

Cheers MD - I had another go at it yesterday - including the bleed nipple on the "ABS replacement connection" and so far it's going ok. I'll see how it goes over the week.
non quod, sed quomodo

Return to “Boxertech”