Plate bracket pix

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am

I never realised having a small plate makes you such a bad person!

It does`nt, it`s your attitude.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 am

The chances of getting pulled are decreasing rapidly - if you don't attend any bike haunts like Devils Bridge etc (esp on a Sunday) the chances are minute. IF you do get stopped the consequences may be bigger than you imagine, I think it's perverting the course of justice ?
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 am

Having a small plate doesn't make you a bad person. Having a small plate with an illegal font doesn't make you a bad person. Having a small plate with an illegal font partially obscured doesn't make you a bad person.
It just doesn't ingratiate to other bikers (see previous posts for general opinion) and more likely to get a tug from the rozzers.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the cameras (speed or ANPR) as how the hell are they expected to read that plate when it will be mostly obscured when viewed from camera height :shock:

Getting past the rozzers at a bike meet might be a bit more tricky :? oh..... and I'd avoid North Wales :roll: See previous post in Banter.

At the end of the day BK, its you bike. Do what you want...just so long as it's legal....D'oh :roll:

Nu2
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:10 am

I have a slightly "stealthy" tidy, still to fit to the bike - but I don't think it sits as far forward as yours. I'll see what it looks like with a 7"x5" plate before fitting it permenantly :)

Al :D

(if you don't give a toss about what everyone else thinks......... stop reading the posts on this thread - and leave it to the rest of us that are quite happy to have a discussion on it :roll: )
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

plivez

Postby plivez » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 am

It's just not BMW is it!

That plate belongs on a tatty Bandit.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:23 am

plivez wrote:It's just not BMW is it!

That plate belongs on a tatty Bandit.

Snob :wink:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Fair points Nu2,

You're right abot meets/ Wales etc. Hence I don't go to them, Squires is my nearest but I prefer decent food at a decent price so it's rarely I go there.
I don't ride on weekends or bank holidays, I rarely ride A roads, I keep away from the area there is likely to be police or a large bike presence. I'll prob do less than 3000 miles this year.
My riding is of a decent standard, only been out with the trixters once but nobody complained about my riding then and nobody has since. I much prefer to stick to tiny B roads or even unmarked roads, no police, no cameras, no traffic the only thing you have to worry about is a combine harvester appearing from nowhere or a big pile of shit in the road!

I don't like the standard plate setup, I think it hides the back of a beautiful bike. Add that to the fact I don't want any more points on my licence and my desicion was made. I'll admit, I absolutley pap myself when passing police cars, esp traffic ones but so far, i've been lucky.

The fact of the matter is we all know how easy it is to be a little over the limit and get caught by scamera. We also know the amount of traffic police on the roads is rapidly decreasing. They are becoming 100% reliant on cameras and 100% reliant that legitimate people will leave a great big fingerprint on the back of their vehicle stating who they are and where they can be found.

I may regret it one day but for now i'll take my chances.

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Blackal wrote:(if you don't give a toss about what everyone else thinks......... stop reading the posts on this thread - and leave it to the rest of us that are quite happy to have a discussion on it :roll: )

Hmm, I suppose you're right. Maybe its just my time of the month!

:)

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:52 pm

andrew s wrote:That does not look right to me.
I have had 2 of the extra stealth number plate holders fitted to 2 different Boxer Cups and I could not see the wires on both.

+1

Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Return to “Boxertech”