New Tyre Fitted

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bmwonder

New Tyre Fitted

Postby bmwonder » Mon May 24, 2004 9:01 am

Just fitted a new tyre this morning. Replaced the rear Pilot Sport (after only 3350miles, my fault really :lol: ). Fitted a Pilot Road, after Baileys recommendation. So now I have a Sport on the front and a Road on the rear. Can't really notice any difference in normal riding. Seems fine. Handling not changed. Haven't been able to start scrubbing it properly yet. Cost = £126.00 fitted at FWR in South London.

Mark

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Mon May 24, 2004 6:55 pm

Mark,good choice;am still able to cane the arse off this wonderful tyre some 6.5K miles later(hard courier use....I use the back brake a lot too).Normal sedate riding should give between 10-12K miles.Will be needing new one in about 1K miles.Front still good for 3-4K miles!
Bailey.

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Tue May 25, 2004 8:55 am

Normal sedate riding should give between 10-12K

Hmm. That's the bit I'm not too good at.

I had a chance to play last night after work, so I've got it properly scrubbed apart from the fanny rings at the side. Too be honest (not being a GP god) I can't tell the difference between the "Sports" and the "Roads". The turn-in is a little smoother but that's due to the old "Sport" being squared off. I guess I might notice the grip levels on a track, but around my roads I couldn't tell the difference. Track day comming up later this year (wife permitting). So, more later.

Mark

Return to “Boxertech”