how to put my bevel box on properley with the universal join

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beemer screamer

how to put my bevel box on properley with the universal join

Postby beemer screamer » Thu May 20, 2004 5:51 pm

can somebody please tell me how to do this i just cant get it on.ive got the bevel box with the universal joint that joins the 2 together but it just aint having it.
ive taken the uni joint off the bevel box and put it to the other side and it goes on quite easy but cant get the bevel box side (female) to lock in with the sirclip what am i doing wrong please help asap i want to go out on it tommorow. :x
"I never knew my father 'he died two years before i was born"

gus

Postby gus » Thu May 20, 2004 7:21 pm

Insert the uj into the bevel box and in the words of Jason M twat it with a hammer.Use a placky or hide hammer though,this then should locate over springclip.Then have loads of fun mating it to the driveshaft,patience and lots of it is required.A helping pair of hands is a must too.
gus

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Thu May 20, 2004 8:51 pm

gus wrote:Insert the uj into the bevel box and in the words of Jason M twat it with a hammer.Use a placky or hide hammer though,this then should locate over springclip.Then have loads of fun mating it to the driveshaft,patience and lots of it is required.A helping pair of hands is a must too.
gus

Agreed Mr Gus - muchus twaticus with rubberous hammerous and all will be fine - then ensure it's tight by dangling the bevel whilst holding the UJ. For future reference - the other UJ at the gearbox end is located and is to be twatted in a similar vein. Sometimes I twat it just for the sake of it, even though it's not been off for months..

Top tip for locating the shaft slidy in sections (if you didn't do a Mr Darth and mark everything up beforehand) is to do as suggested by Mr B - bung 2 wheel bolts in the bevel so as you can rotate the Uj.. offer it up... swear... rotate the UJ.. offer it up... swear [continue until throat sore from swearing]

Good luck

Jason

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu May 20, 2004 8:55 pm

I still reckon you guys should do a Boxertrix specially-written edition of the Haynes manuals :D

I can see it now... 'insert UJ carefully into housing, then twat the f*ck out of it with the biggest f*ck-off mallet you've got laying around'. :D

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Fri May 21, 2004 8:56 am

Ahhh yes - my brother-in-law is a farmer and I've adopted his 'everything can be fixed either by levering it with a big buger off screwdriver or smacking the living daylights out of it with the biggest heaviest metal object within reach' attitude. Works every time :lol:

Jason

Return to “Boxertech”