Wunderlich my arse . . . .

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

theseadog

Wunderlich my arse . . . .

Postby theseadog » Sat May 15, 2004 12:06 am

When I bought my S it came with a Wunderlich seat on it which initially seemd very very good. However ( you knew that was coming didn't you ) having now done some proper long rides, It's bloody awful.

Has anyone else got one of these, and if so how do you find it ? and if you had the same numb arse issue what solved it ?

I can't decide if it's that the foam is too soft, the seat's too narrow at the front or something else entirely ??

Answers on a postcard to the usual address please....
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Sat May 15, 2004 12:26 pm

Must say that after 100K miles+ the standard S seat is one of the better ones I've had.
It doesn't help you much tho!
Bailey.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sat May 15, 2004 12:37 pm

Paul

Julian has a standard seat that he may sell, I don't recall seeeing any damage on it.

Had you not posted that the Wunderstuff was uncomfortable you could probably have sold it for a nice sum... ebay then :D

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Boxertools

Postby Boxertools » Sat May 15, 2004 12:51 pm

Paul,
I would consider a swop with my standard seat.
I am coming to Perthshire June 12th to 19th.

Mike.

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sat May 15, 2004 6:38 pm

What constitutes a proper long ride :?:

Perhaps you don't have a German shaped behind - try eating and drinking about twice as much and see if that helps :wink:

Seriously though - I reckon just do more regular long rides and you'll get used to anything IMHO

Jason

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 am

I agree with Bailey. What was up with the standard one?

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 4:27 pm

bmwonder wrote:I agree with Bailey. What was up with the standard one?

Well Wonder had you been sober when you read my post :wink: you would have noticed that I said it came with the bike when I bought it :lol:

It's really comfy if you're on it for less than 2-3 hours, but then ( for me anyway ) it starts to get a bit numbing. Very well made a looks very nice, but there's something not right. I've never had a numb arse from any of my previous bikes and 14 hours in the saddle wasn't uncommon on them.

I'll mabey try some mods of the foam.

Mike a very generous offer :wink: but I'd hate to swap to something else and then find it's no better.

I think it might be partly due to the fact that I have long legs and a shorter body so I'm quite far forward in the saddle, instead of seated back in the broad section, mabey I should try and get some bar back type things....though I don't get a sore back or wrists...
Cheers

PAul

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon May 17, 2004 4:38 pm

Why would I read the post when I can just steam in there and spout forth utter twaddle. :oops:

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 5:56 pm

bmwonder wrote:Why would I read the post when I can just steam in there and spout forth utter twaddle. :oops:

Quite right, I've managed to make a career out of doing that :lol:
Cheers

PAul

winger

Postby winger » Mon May 17, 2004 8:03 pm

Whats wrong with the standard seat????,it's the most god awfull thing ever invented,if i want to jam my balls up the back of the fuel tank within seconds of rideing the bike,i can do it myself thank you very much i don't need that poxy seat to do it for me!!!!

Chris
Last edited by winger on Mon May 17, 2004 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 8:22 pm

winger wrote:Whats wrong with the standard seat????,it's the most god awfull thing ever invented,if i want to jam my balls up the back of the fuel tank withing seconds of rideing the bike,i can do it myself thank you very much i don't need that poxy seat to do it for me!!!!

Chris

Not too keen on the standard seat then Chris :wink:

Have you still got it, are you interested in punting it ??? What sort of height / inside leg ( easy tiger !!!! ) are you ? Looking for similarities that might give a common link for comfortable seats ....
Cheers

PAul

winger

Postby winger » Mon May 17, 2004 8:33 pm

You want to buy a seat???? how many would you like??? i'm down to three nowhere days, i think!!!thats the one i had modified thats on the bike and two spares although Gus has one on loan at the minute,he's probably had his recovered by now and worn my bugger out!!!

Chris

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 8:50 pm

Yes please Sir !

drop me apm and let me know what you want for one of your extensive collection of upholstery ( obviously not the one that big fat arse has worn out :wink: ) < Touch of Pot Kettle Black here perhaps ....

Cheers
PAul
Cheers

PAul

winger

Postby winger » Tue May 18, 2004 8:08 pm

I'll have a rummage in the loft first to see if i've got 2 or 3,i've got one thats mint which Gus has and A.N.other which is marked, had one modified with the intension of haveing another done,but the first proved to be that good i haven't bothered again,although to give a balanced view Gus tried it and didn't like it.

Chris

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Tue May 18, 2004 8:15 pm

OKay Chris thanks, I'll wait to hear from you then.

:?
Cheers

PAul

Return to “Boxertech”