Those disk washers

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Jason M

Those disk washers

Postby Jason M » Mon May 10, 2004 7:58 am

OK I've got my shakey disc back on the front. The washers I put on last time are too thick and take up all the float - I'd rather have a shakey disc than no brakes so I took um back off.

Has anyone got an alternative source of these little fellas or do I have to go to Mr S :twisted: :roll: :?: C this week and have all my urine siphoned out?

ta

Jason

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Mon May 10, 2004 8:04 am

Jason

Try Motorworks, I seem to remember them saying at the BMF last year that they were stocking the PFM wavy washers.

HTH - Steve

beemer screamer

Postby beemer screamer » Tue May 11, 2004 11:20 pm

hello what are the signs of these shaky disks and which washers are you replacing sorry for the stupidity.its just im having some very funny vibey feelings out of the bike it is like when i hit 80 up to a 100 and the throttle is dropped it feels very ditty on the front it feels very strong and forcing inward i thought it was the engine but balanced it all up today and there is a difference in performance but still vibey and pushy still at the same speeds.
cheers jay
"I never knew my father 'he died two years before i was born"

gus

Postby gus » Tue May 11, 2004 11:51 pm

Jason
Chris C got some for me from his local motorfactors,They are very thin and bluey/black in colour.Try a local fastener or machine shop.Whatever you do,dont pay £2 each for BMW ones.
B S
You will know when the wheel posts are knackered because it sounds like the discs are about to fall off.Very noisy ans annoying.Only affected bikes pre 2000 i think.They changed the design,OK they added a couple of washers!Please dont get me started on this one,as BMW already raised my blood pressure trying to resolve this issue.
gus

beemer screamer

Postby beemer screamer » Wed May 12, 2004 7:36 am

is it noticable straight away or just at speeds what kind of speed???
so many questions so little time.
"I never knew my father 'he died two years before i was born"

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Wed May 12, 2004 8:14 am

I've only got the one rattly disc because the ABS wheel protects the post on the other side. It started rattling about 50k and can be moved with the fingers - really only latterally though - sounds likle you're dragging a can along the ground and you can hear it at any speed on a bumpy road. Doesn't seem to affect the brakes except for low speed where you might feel a slight jolt when the initial lateral movement is taken up.

Anyway Gus mate - £2 each is about 1.99 too much I reckon so I'll take the washers I had fitted to fix it the first time and find some of the same diameter but much thinner - doubt it'll be a problem - just wondered whether someone had bought a 'pack of 10' (oh er) and had some left over to save me the bother

Jason

Return to “Boxertech”