Anyone got an opinion on exhausts?

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

gripperod

Anyone got an opinion on exhausts?

Postby gripperod » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:25 am

Mrs Park (god bless her) has given her permission for me to spend some of her housekeeping on an exhaust for the 1100s. Having no delusions about my ability to outride the R1100, I am more interested in looks and sound than performance. I am tending towards a road legal Remus system from Motorworks but they appear to do 2 systems; a 2 into 2 or a Y piece and conventional (for BMW :wink: ) double silencer.

Are there any relative pros and cons between the two types of system?

Has anybody got a better idea, I dont want to spend much more than about £400ish

Wasnt sure whether to put this under Boxerbanter as I think this could get a bit subjective :lol: :shock: :?

Cheers

Brian
THE FASTER SILVER AND WHITE VERSION !

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:26 am

Staintune, better than bestest.
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

sproggy

Postby sproggy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 am

I've heard lots of good things about Staintune but if you're on a budget Laser cans are probably the most common and come up for sale second hand fairly regularly. If you're not worried about performance I'd go for the Y-piece and single pipe version - I suspect it gives better mid-range response than the 2 in to 2. I've ridden an 1100S with Remus cans and found it a bit 'boomy' - I prefer my Laser setup as the sound is less tiring on a long ride. Haven't heard a Staintune-equipped bike.

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:38 am

Quiet on constant throttle, nice deep roar on the throttle.

Lots of midrange too.
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

tripe

Postby tripe » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:25 pm

I've got the Remus 2 into 2 and boomy is certainly an apt description. When I did the Bikesafe course 18 months ago I fired her up and 3 coppers all got off their bikes and stood behind me. Oh no I thought, time to be sent home.... nice sound was the reply...Think Messerschmidt on strafing run.
Can't speak for performance as this is the only system I've experienced except for stock.
After emailing SJBMW in California with concerns about loss of bottom end with induct and powerfilter upgrades they said this could be resolved with a power commander. Treated myself to one and gave itits first proper run last week and it certainly is torquey now. If you look at their sight you can view the dyno charts and their Remus charts are using the 2-2

johnl

Postby johnl » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:19 pm

staintune, no pops and bangs just awsome noise. I love it, makes me horny :smilebox:

Return to “Boxertech”