Boxercup

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stempy
Captain

Boxercup

Postby stempy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:47 am

Rumour has it that next years Boxercup wont actually be a Boxercup, it'll be a K1200S cup :cry:

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Re: Boxercup

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:03 am

stempy wrote:Rumour has it that next years Boxercup wont actually be a Boxercup, it'll be a K1200S cup :cry:

kerrist - even more frightening!! :shock: :shock:
non quod, sed quomodo

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:13 am

I take it the marketing dept have got involved and want to repeat the sales success of the S that came from the Boxercup to the K12 by running a similar series.

Still sad though :(

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:55 pm

Not surprising really, K1200s is the new Hyperbike that will be anounced officially later this year. My Dealer says 1200 RT later this year,Next year production lines will concentrate on the new IL4 (K1200S) and 2006 will see the long awaited R1200S, Guess we'll have to wait and see!! Peter.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 pm

From this K12-Cup (or whatever it'll be named) I'm wondering if there actually will be an R1200S. Remember the present S's sales didn't really take off until the Boxercup series was well established. The S is a great bike - we all know that (despite its quirks) - but it's not a 'cult' bike in the way the GS is and to a lesser extent the RT. Both personify BMW's image - the S's immediate ancestor was the R90/S - hardly a recent relative.

When folk think 'BM' they think 'large tourer' or 'big off-roader'. The S doesn't, let's be honest, represent what the buying public* consider a BMW to be.

* for that read 'magazine-driven' types ;)

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:59 am

Gromit wrote:From this K12-Cup (or whatever it'll be named) I'm wondering if there actually will be an R1200S. Remember the present S's sales didn't really take off until the Boxercup series was well established. The S is a great bike - we all know that (despite its quirks) - but it's not a 'cult' bike in the way the GS is and to a lesser extent the RT. Both personify BMW's image - the S's immediate ancestor was the R90/S - hardly a recent relative.

When folk think 'BM' they think 'large tourer' or 'big off-roader'. The S doesn't, let's be honest, represent what the buying public* consider a BMW to be.

* for that read 'magazine-driven' types ;)

BMW will need as many 'niche' bikes like the S as they can get if they reach their target of 90000 units by 2006,

Lloyd

Return to “Boxertech”