tank mod

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

twincans2003

tank mod

Postby twincans2003 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:32 am

hi all
i am looking at doing the tank mod by drilling the hole in the filler neck do i have to remove both fairing panels to do this because i will check the wiring as stated in some previous post for fraying wires if i do have to remove the panels i will leave it till i service it then do the mods as required

cheers jason :D

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:41 pm

Jason - you can remove the tank filler without completely removing the fairing panels, although I'd tempted to take them off for damage limitation purposes. Doesn't take long - just remember the screws, one on each side up by the oil cooler pipes, behind the BM badge. :)

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:50 pm

Jason,you don't need to remove any panels to do this mod.Just undo all the torx bolts from around the filler cap.
Remove filler cap complete....move far away from tank and drill a hole.
Done!
Bailey.

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:28 pm

I may have missed a trick doing this yesterday (and I'm nervous of contradicting Bailey :? ) but I did have to take off the panels and centre piece as having removed the collar I coudnt get the filler section out from under the centre section of the faring.

I took em all off, stuffed a few rags down the hole for safety and used a magnet to pick up the waste. Hope that helps.

Harry

Return to “Boxertech”