R1100s - 03 - iABS - Servo Stays on on key turn

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

woodex100

R1100s - 03 - iABS - Servo Stays on on key turn

Postby woodex100 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi all,

I flushed the brake system on my r1100s last year. Followed detailed procedures online to the letter. Everything went well and successful ABS initialisation on key turn worked every time. Brakes where fine when riding.

It was garaged for a while but recently took it out, fitted a new battery and turned the key...

Usual ABS initialisation begins but the servo just doesn't stop and just keeps whining away so never completes the initialisation.

I've checked brake fluid levels everywhere and all good
If I use front and rear levers I can hear a click on lever switch and inside abs box.
Both levers operate brake light.
Both levers cause an audible change in abs servo tone when used during the everlasting initialisation procedure
Checked brake pistons and they are not seized.
Checked all lines and everything seems fine

Anyone had a similar problem or provide any other options to check out?

much appreciated

nab 301

Re: R1100s - 03 - iABS - Servo Stays on on key turn

Postby nab 301 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:49 am

I've never owned a servo model but the general consensus online (UKGSer) is that a GS-911 diagnostic tool may help but that in general the early pre'06 models are ticking timebombs that are not economically repairable . Assuming all the fluid reservoirs are topped up, brake light switches are operational then it's probably that the electro hydraulic pressure sensors are faulty. Most seem to opt for removal rather than potentially unecononmic repair... :(

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Return to “Boxertech”