1st MOT due

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Ade B

1st MOT due

Postby Ade B » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:39 pm

What goes wrong so that I can at least attempt to sound knowledgable before handing over my cash.

Cheers,

Ade.

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:45 pm

Ade, should be a breeze mate. It only took my bloke about 10 mins on Saturday. Quick whip round feeling for play in the bearings. Bounce front and back, lights etc, brakes on the roling road, thanks very much, £15, goodbye see you next year

Not like tking the C*R in for some neanderthal to poke with a screwdriver then declare 'this barely accesible steering rack gaiter needs changing mate' :wink: I always try and find loads of big puddles to drive through before the MOT to try and disguise the leaking shocks :shock:

Good luck, but I can't think that if there isn't anything obviously wrong then it'll be fine

Jason

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:50 pm

cheers Jason

just cleaned it (to look like I am a conscientious owner)
bike is fine bar the usual corroded fastners/fork bottoms, just had 18K service and they told me that the LH front pads are binding a bit.. there's a lot of unscrupulous people out there.....

my brother got his car done recently and they tried to convince him he need new front discs as his RH front brake was binding - he stripped it down and cleaned it and then it passed no probs...
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:56 am

I reckon you're right mate - make it look clean and they're happier. I also make sure to go down a back lane and do a load of handbrake turns to clean up the rear disks before I go... any excuse :lol:

I'm sure it'll be fine. 18k, it's just a youngster!

Return to “Boxertech”