Sat nag wiring help!

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Malj

Sat nag wiring help!

Postby Malj » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:48 am

Hi folks, as its trying its best to snow up here I thought I'd have a go at hard wiring my garmin 550 to my 1100s, as I would prefer to have the power switched from the ignition I had planned to run the wiring from fuse 7 and the indicator earth ( as detailed on another post on the forum) however it appears that I don't have a fuse 7 I can only find fuses 1 to 4 on the left side of the bike and nothing on the right side.

I've put the multi meter onto the connectors at the fuse box and fuse 1, 4 amp, green seems to be switched from the ignition, can you see any problem spicing into it?, looks like it's the supply to warning lights.

I've also found the auxiliary socket under the seat but its permanently live so I'd have to fit a switch not the end of the world just a bit more faf.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Mal

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I wired mine directly into the heated grips circuit.handy to find on the left hand loom. Already fused and switchable on the ignition. Just cut into the wire and soldered it up. 10 min job.
The mounting was another matter entirely though.

dysondiver

Postby dysondiver » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:03 pm

parallel with side light ,,, would be my thoughts.
its not a boxer , its a 180 degree v-twin

Malj

Wiring

Postby Malj » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Found a unused connector hiding in the right hand side wiring/relay box, green and brown so on the same circuit as lights, switchable by the ignition so once I find a female 2 pin connector looks like I'll use that.
Mal

Return to “Boxertech”