R1200S MPG ?

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

f90x

Postby f90x » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Has anyone used or heard of the quality from PDQ in Taplow.

http://pdq1.com/about.php

conkerman

Postby conkerman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:44 pm

They used to be pretty highly regarded yonks ago, but not heard much lately as I have been staying away for that sort of talk :)
Gary

f90x

Postby f90x » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Update

Today at my latest fill up I achieved 41.59 miles to the gallon.

Joe Bar

Postby Joe Bar » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:25 am

On a trip over to France last week I was getting 50mpg running briskly, ie not fast, not slow but making good progress in that 50-90mph range. Didn't consider that bad, and much better than my mate's 1050 Tiger running alongside.

Bike is standard spec, apart from an Accelerator Module and Boxer Design quick action throttle mod.

Julian West

Postby Julian West » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 am

It sounds like theres notthing remarkable about my dismal MPG just that I'm at the bottom end of the scale.
I may return to the idea if removing the PCIII reconnecting the lambar sensors and asking Mr Hilltop if he can fit me in for a consultation.
Having said that I went for a spin on the Tuono last night and why would anyone want anything else ?

DaveH

Postby DaveH » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:10 am

During my 2500 mile trip to France the other week, my figures were

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

I'm running a Hilltop remap with full Akra system :D
DAVE H
www.dhmoto.net

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
R1200S
Moto Morini Corsaro

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:14 pm

DaveH wrote:During my 2500 mile trip to France the other week, my figures were

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

did you cane it or bimble?

Herb

Postby Herb » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

That's better than I get running a standard ecu and exhaust (with the addition of a temperature spoofer thingy).

I am currently getting a fairly consistent 47.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Herb wrote:

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

That's better than I get running a standard ecu and exhaust (with the addition of a temperature spoofer thingy).

ok, stop it all of you with yer fancy fantastic mpg. i'm off to france in three weeks taking in about 2500 miles and im going to be roughly £70 worse off. I know it doesn't sound like much but over the course of a year that's my insurance paid for, or 8ish fill ups or a new rear tyre. bloody hell, if i sold the pciii that would pay for a hilltop remap :idea: Gus, input needed.

DaveH

Postby DaveH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:22 am

f90x wrote:

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

did you cane it or bimble?

We were down in the Millau area - D908 / D999 etc- - bimble --- er no - if Carlsberg made roads and all that.

It was given a lot of stick during the week whist down there - and cruising on the autoroutes there and back around 90-95.
DAVE H

www.dhmoto.net

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

R1200S

Moto Morini Corsaro

gus

Postby gus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 am

f90x wrote:
Herb wrote:

Ave MPG = 51.85
Min MPG = 48.52
Max MPG = 54.45

ok, stop it all of you with yer fancy fantastic mpg. i'm off to france in three weeks taking in about 2500 miles and im going to be roughly £70 worse off. I know it doesn't sound like much but over the course of a year that's my insurance paid for, or 8ish fill ups or a new rear tyre. bloody hell, if i sold the pciii that would pay for a hilltop remap :idea: Gus, input needed.

Hi
I have never been one to worry too much about MPG, afterall i use a quickshifter on the road!! There are so many variables to take in allowing to get a truly accurate figure between bikes. One persons thrashing the bike may be anothers idea of bimbling along , town riding riding verus motorway etc etc.
i would say having a map blown into the ecu is the way forward at this present time regarding getting the best out the motor regarding power, how that power is delivered and how efficent it does it. I need to get mine done and compare it to the pc3 i have fitted. i will make a few phone calls and try and get it sorted in the next couple of weeks. It will be going to ducati coventry to have a REXER map blown in .
all the best
Gus

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 am

gus wrote:
It will be going to ducati coventry to have a REXER map blown in .
all the best
Gus

I'm still hopefull that mine will be going there this summer

(if I don't keep spending the funds on home improvements :roll: )

I shall be very interested in your results Gus
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

f90x

Postby f90x » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

me too. tbh, i'm not too worried about fuel as long as it doesn't drop below 40mpg and again tbh, i don't pootle around much. i 'would' however like to get more drive at the bottom end. i've got the throttle mod and it's better than standard but it still feels like i have to twist it too far to get to the power. i'm keeping it this year and i'll continue to experiment into next year but come 2015 i think there might be a change. it's only the loss of that instant bottom end compared to my 1100s that spoils the bike for me. the dohc 1200r has loads more guts 'and' a linear throttle pull.

bikesnbones

Postby bikesnbones » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 pm

I've been knocked out with my mpg.
When I first started riding the 1200S, I thought I was going to be lucky to get 40mpg.
The engine feels in a very high state of tune to me.
However first fill up saw 52mpg.
Second was 54mpg
That exactly matches the Guzzi 1100i Sport I had before.
:shock:
My riding style is not balls out, but fairly brisk.
The only non standard item on my bike is a Remus silencer (bungs out)

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:27 pm

gus wrote:i would say having a map blown into the ecu is the way forward at this present time regarding getting the best out the motor regarding power, how that power is delivered and how efficent it does it. I need to get mine done and compare it to the pc3 i have fitted. i will make a few phone calls and try and get it sorted in the next couple of weeks. It will be going to ducati coventry to have a REXER map blown in .

There are a lot of good things written about the Rexxer system, but it seems to me that there is a bit of confusion. Surely it is the actual map that gives the performance, and whether or not that map is delivered by a Rexxer rewrite, a RapidBike or a PC should not make any discernable difference. Remember, no two bikes require identical maps for perfection!!

I accept that if you were Crutchlow, Lorenzo or Pedrosa you might be able to just notice the micro delay inherent in the piggy-back systems, but if you were one of those guys you would not be in that position anyway!!

IMHO it is the actual map that is important and that is down to whoever writes the Rexxer map, does the dyno work on a PC or the effectiveness of the Auto Tune facility on the RapidBike. In addition, the RapidBike or PC can easily be removed or bypassed

I also suspect that you would not get much sympathy pursuing any warranty claim (normal, goodwill or otherwise) when the BMW computer system detects that the ecu has been 'flashed'.

Just as an aside, it may well be that the whole Rexxer system has got a limited life. The protocol that manufacturers have to make available the access codes to their electronics is coming to an end soon, and a lot of the manufacturers are already encrypting the ecu codes. I am told that already there is no way to 'flash' or 'chip' the very latest cars. Piggy-back style modules are, apparently, the only way! Luckily this does not affect the bikes that we are talking about here, although I suspect that it might apply to the 'water cooled' Boxer.

sandbar

Return to “Boxertech”