Help - Servos/ABS will not reset.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Delpel

Help - Servos/ABS will not reset.

Postby Delpel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:52 pm

Just suffered the first major set back with my 2003 R1150GS rebuild.

The bike is equipped with ABS and servo assisted brakes. The brakes have not been operated for nearly 2 years after after it was involved in a head-on crash. When you switch the ignition on (with a brand new Hawker Odessy battery, I might add) the ABS light flashes quickly and the General warning light stays on.

I have taken the bike to my local BM dealer who promptly connected up the diagnostic computer and the error message is indicating excessively high pressure in the control unit. Initial thoughts were the brake fluids required changing which we did. No joy, still the same error message. After running some other tests the problem seems to be with the control unit.

My question then is, has anybody any experience of this fault and does anybody have any recommendations, advice or helpful tips.

I do not really want to lash out for a control/servo unit. I am thinking of ripping all the techno stuff out and running lines straight from the master cylinders to the callipers. This set back may now be forcing my hand.

Any help always gratefully received.
TTFN and enjoy the weather where ever you are!!

Derek 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Boxertech”