Engine Bars

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BOWLER

Engine Bars

Postby BOWLER » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:22 pm

Engine bars advetised on ebay to fit a 99/00 model.
Anybody any ideas if they would fit later models or did BMW change the frame at all.
Cheers
Jeff

Jason M

Re: Engine Bars

Postby Jason M » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:40 pm

BOWLER wrote:Engine bars advetised on ebay to fit a 99/00 model.
Anybody any ideas if they would fit later models or did BMW change the frame at all.
Cheers
Jeff

OI - get off you.... they're MINE :lol:

And I'm absolutely 100% certain that they would not fit your bike, guarented, and they'd look absolutley rubbish even if they did, so I should just forget it and step away from the keyboard

thanks... that's better, now move away, there's nothing to see here :wink:

Jason

Boxertools

Postby Boxertools » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:16 pm

ENGINE BARS!
I thought I was on the Boxertrix forum, not UKgser.
Mike.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:05 pm

If an S can snap it's sub frame lugs off if they get blown off the side stand, I dread to think of the effect on the main frame if you chucked it down the road with those abominations fitted :lol:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Skint

Postby Skint » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:32 am

Don't see the point of the engine bars, the end covers do a good job and the S recovers well. Chucked mine down the road a few times, just change the rocker cover put on new cover protectors and off you go.. Just that this time I snapped the foot rest bracket off and the stop lugs off the front frame. Both 40 quid to weld on... Engine ran lumpy, twas the bowden box, sorted that out and bike as normal. I think that the S has been the best crashing bike I have ever owned. Far better than the Hornet, one small off and that was toast with a full reclaim needed.
When can the Highway agency lay softer road coverings??

Now rides a mangled wreck... Ho Hum back to the K100

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:27 am

Skint wrote:Don't see the point of the engine bars, the end covers do a good job and the S recovers well.

I wouldn't use them normally but when I'm going on a long trip away from a conveniently friendy BM dealer then I'd rather wear them. I chucked mine at low speed the other day and the cover was fine but it only takes a small stone to puncture the metal and you're fecked. Mate on a GS did it, PBoxer got his knocked over the other day when parked and it holed the cover. You'd probably be able to make a running repair but because the magnesium fractures rather than bends (like the alloy footpeg - broke mine off in Morroco just dropping the bike) it can easily go Pete Tong. I've got one of Julians rocker covers from his crash at home, and the slide pulled the bolts clean out the head and left a 1'4 inch gap for the oil to come out of.

Jason

Return to “Boxertech”