Busy day today with The Sound of the 70(+2)s.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Busy day today with The Sound of the 70(+2)s.

Postby el-nicko » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Well I know I run the risk of being kicked off the forum for posting Honda 'stuff' :roll: but I hope those members of a broader church will find this interesting and thus find it in their hearts to forgive me. :lol:

http://youtu.be/ll1dWHd1jFQ

http://youtu.be/Y8fMdDskoyk

Nick.

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:11 am

That's a neat exhaust solution - I was straining to see it at the begining of the first video.

A bonnie bike - that............... not sure I fancy the white wheels with chain-drive, mind.

What chain-lube do you use?

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

el-nicko

Postby el-nicko » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:43 am

Blackal wrote:That's a neat exhaust solution - I was straining to see it at the begining of the first video.

A bonnie bike - that............... not sure I fancy the white wheels with chain-drive, mind.

What chain-lube do you use?

Al :D

Cheers Al, and yes, you're right, white wheels+chain drive=not a good mix. I do love a bit of colour and brightness mind and just fell in love with this bike when I saw it at the NEC bike show in 2010. Some may say it's got a bit of a 'Pat Collins's Circus' look about it. Probably appeals to the 'clown' in me then. :lol: The only thing that did spoil it (for me) was the fact that Honda dropped the under-seat exhaust of previous 'blades in favour of a 'Grenade Launcher' on the off-side so, it had to go, and even though these 'Taylormade' slip-ons have a mixed reputation concerning quality and performance issues, I think they're the best looking after-market exhaust out there.

Chain Lube? I've recently found a farm supply shop (T F M Farm & Country Superstore Ltd. Stapleford branch) just outside Wolverhampton that stocks 'Morris Croma' no fling (yeah, right) chain lube for £3.99 :!: a can. It comes highly recommended so I'm giving that a 'go'.

I do miss a shaft-drive bike though so I may be looking at a K1300s or even one of these--- http://www.kestrelhonda.co.uk/bike/4879 ... F_DCT.page soon.

Aaaah, Ti's pretty tho :wink: and it will break my heart to let it go.

Nick.

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 am

Yeah Nick - it's a lot better look than the 2004 "Shellsuit" colour scheme :?

Nice one!

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

ned1

Postby ned1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 pm

[url][URL=http://s535.photobucket.com/user/ned52/media/IMG_20140315_124338829_zpsfa2714c5.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Got the bike out of hibernation today (Sunday) and took it for a
shakedown to blow the cobwebs out of about 80 odd miles.......This is some machine !!
The only thing that wasn't up to scratch was me, roll on summer.

Ned

ps Still miss the R1100S round the B roads
Yesterday R1100S 03, today K1300s sport
Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:34 pm

A very smart piece of kit......and no one mentioned rim tape 8)
kernow,the last bit

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 am

cornishflat wrote:A very smart piece of kit......and no one mentioned rim tape 8)

No need to mention - as the ultimate performance upgrade it's a given, isn't it? :D

Reckon the old FartBlood looks great in that colour Nick. About an hour after having a squiz at your Youtube stuff my nextdoor neighbour's brother turned up on one the same colour! His was the slow version, mind - sans rimtape...

Mike :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

el-nicko

Postby el-nicko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am

Boxermed69 wrote:
cornishflat wrote:A very smart piece of kit......and no one mentioned rim tape 8)

No need to mention - as the ultimate performance upgrade it's a given, isn't it? :D

Reckon the old FartBlood looks great in that colour Nick. About an hour after having a squiz at your Youtube stuff my nextdoor neighbour's brother turned up on one the same colour! His was the slow version, mind - sans rimtape...

Mike :)

:shock: :lol: :wink:

Nick.

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 am

Back in 2009 I saw a fireblade in Repsol colours with the Taylormade exhaust parked up on the IOM. It looked awesome. Unfortunately I did not get to hear it start up.

Looks wise, to me this is what all underslung exhausts should look like. Some solutions from various manufacturers look frankly shocking and poorly conceived.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

boxerscott

Re: Busy day today with The Sound of the 70(+2)s.

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:24 pm

el-nicko wrote:.

Well I know I run the risk of being kicked off the forum for posting Honda 'stuff' :roll: but I hope those members of a broader church will find this interesting and thus find it in their hearts to forgive me. :lol:

Nick.
Nothing to forgive Nick I love that company. Not a bad looking mod that, Erik Buell has a lot to be thanked for and I would buy a KTM RC8 for the belly pan zorst alone. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

el-nicko

Postby el-nicko » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 pm

boxerscott wrote: .....and I would buy a KTM RC8 for the belly pan zorst alone. :)

Ahhhh yes mate. So many bikes, so little time. :cry:

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 am

Epic exhaust really tidy. I hope you didn't drop the keys down that dirty greate grating tho!
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

el-nicko

Postby el-nicko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:Epic exhaust really tidy. I hope you didn't drop the keys down that dirty greate grating tho!

:shock: .... :lol: .... I hear what your saying TTT but it's bound to happen sooner or later isn't it. It's Sod's Law. :cry: And there is the muck from countless farm machines down there too. :roll: YUK!

Nick.

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 pm

el-nicko wrote:.

Nick.

Hang on minute Nicko. You say in your video that that you have just bolted the Taylor made exhaust on and want to fire it up to make sure its all OK before you put it (the bike) all back together. How come all the bodywork is back on then?? Me thinks you was fibbin.

Nice sound mind....for a H*nda :D

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

el-nicko

Postby el-nicko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Dog Tyred wrote:
Hang on minute Nicko. You say in your video that that you have just bolted the Taylor made exhaust on and want to fire it up to make sure its all OK before you put it (the bike) all back together. How come all the bodywork is back on then?? Me thinks you was fibbin.

Nice sound mind....for a H*nda :D

DT

My dear, dear DT, I'm prepared to overlook you accusing me of being 'economical with the actualities' but I think it's you who's eyes are doing the deceiving and you may wish to book yourself in to 'Specsavers' :wink: then, suitably equipped, you will no doubt notice in the first video the tank cover, (Honda calls it a 'Top Shelter') saddle and running (dip beam) lights, all needed attending to before it got to the finished bike in the second video.

However, bearing in mind , a) I was desperate to get it (the 'movie') right first time, b) I was working without a script and ad-libing, c) it was totally un-rehearsed, d) because of all the plugs that I'd dis/re-connected I wasn't at all sure and feeling a bit anxious as to whether anything was going to happen when I pressed the 'start' button e) I was feeling terribly self-conscious, f) my mate from across the way looked like he intended to wander into 'shot' perhaps what I should have said was "....before I finish putting it back together."

Anyway, thanks for giving me the opportunity to compose the longest sentence I've ever written. And that is the truth. :lol:

Kindest Regards, Nick.

Return to “Boxertech”