HP2s on Autotrader..... £10,500

Found something S-related on eBay? Please post here.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:29 pm

er-minio wrote:If I remember correctly. the bike new came with K3.

Headers seem ok.

Yeah mine came with Racetechs. Couldnt wait to get rid of them. Can't imagine anyone putting new ones on :shock:

With regard to the headers check out photo no. 6 of 11 :shock:

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Can't say I've been impressed by any Metzelers apart from the Tourance series........

Just fitted new Dunlop Sportsmart II to the HP2 - starting to get expensive for "current" rubber..... but it's only one pair per year (between the sports bikes).

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:14 pm

My 1200RS came with Z8 Interacts and I had a pouty bottom lip as I was expecting RoadSmart4s. 2000 miles later I have told myself to grow up :D
Metzelers are doing quite nicely thank you - so much so that my wife has fitted the same to her F800S to replace the Sported M3.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:17 pm

andy griff wrote:My 1200RS came with Z8 Interacts and I had a pouty bottom lip as I was expecting RoadSmart4s. 2000 miles later I have told myself to grow up :D
Metzelers are doing quite nicely thank you - so much so that my wife has fitted the same to her F800S to replace the Sported M3.

How'd she like the M3? The M1 was a tragic attempt, I thought - the M3 not much better. They seemed a long way behind the competition?

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:34 pm

I had M1 followed by M3 on my 12s. The worst tyres I have ever used and prone to sliding unpredictably in the wet.

My mate had Metzeler M5 on his F800 and said they were fine, until he had a massive slide in the dry at modest lean angles while we were in Wales last week. This on a bike that makes a mere 80hp.

We went to M and P the next day and he had roadsmarts fitted. I have been really impressed by my last 2 sets.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am

Which is why someone from this parish commented some time back that the 1200S is probably a better bike in the real world

The steering range alone makes the HP2 impractical for normal use. :)
Said that, I still move mine around quite often around London traffic.

Just fitted new Dunlop Sportsmart II to the HP2 - starting to get expensive for "current" rubber..... but it's only one pair per year (between the sports bikes).

Mine is "sitting" on SuperCorsas SP.
They lasted 400 miles :D
There is still plenty of thread on the center of the tyre, so I can roll her around. Not doing any miles during winter on that thing though.

With regard to the headers check out photo no. 6 of 11

Hm. Mine are in slightly better conditions.
This Sunday I'll have to deep clean it as it has been resting in muck for the last couple of months... I'll give the headers some love :D :D :D
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 am

How'd she like the M3? The M1 was a tragic attempt, I thought - the M3 not much better. They seemed a long way behind the competition?

Al[/quote]

Al,

Ok- it but she does not push the bike hard TBF. The Z8 was well tested on Tuesday when the Satnav took us by D road from near Albert to Calais in a monsoon which mixed nicely with the mud carted onto the road by the French farmer types. No complaints apart from learning that an F800 with full fairing keeps more luck off the rider than an R1200RS :?

Return to “eBay Links”