Rubber grips for handlebar heating...

Found something S-related on eBay? Please post here.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bfisher

Rubber grips for handlebar heating...

Postby bfisher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Can anyone confirm they have tried these & they fit accordingly to r11s?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-grips- ... 35d87a7637

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 pm

No but I've been looking for some alternative replacements for mine. If you go for them let us know how you get on.
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RavensAteMyEyes

Postby RavensAteMyEyes » Tue May 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi guys,

Got these last week and fitted to my R1100S ahead of a week-long Euro trip. Absolutely fine, fit perfectly and almost identical to the originals.

Use a bit of washing up liquid to slip them on and it'll dry out sticky and hold them in place.

Only thing I found is that in near 40-degree heat they expanded and the left-hand one got a bit slippy, but the throttle one stayed firmly attached.

Big fan.
These are my words. There are many like them but these ones are mine.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue May 19, 2015 4:36 pm

RavensAteMyEyes wrote:Hi guys,

Got these last week and fitted to my R1100S ahead of a week-long Euro trip. Absolutely fine, fit perfectly and almost identical to the originals.

Use a bit of washing up liquid to slip them on and it'll dry out sticky and hold them in place.

Only thing I found is that in near 40-degree heat they expanded and the left-hand one got a bit slippy, but the throttle one stayed firmly attached.

Big fan.

Cheap hair spray is better as a lubricant/glue :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:54 am

A couple of words of advice re fitting these, particularly with reference to the right-hand throttle grip:

i. They are very 'snug' fit, even if heated in water to soften as recommended in the guide, hence it takes quite amount of pressure to get grips on through twisting & pulling; be careful NOT to twist the throttle grip too hard otherwise you risk damaging the plastic whereby it naturally stops turning. I would recommended taking cover's of the throttle housing to ensure you can avoid it from doing this (enables you to see how it works & also enables you to hold it accordingly to avoid this damage).
ii. Remember you want to leave a small gap between the bar-ends & the grip itself otherwise it won't turn naturally.

Other than this, the grips fit fine, its just a bit of a struggle to get them on. I used hairspray as recommended in this thread however yet to fully test. I also applied a little superglue as originals had something similar at ends however this is probably not truley required.

Good luck... B

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:49 pm

i always find that spraying a load of brake cleaner in them helps them slip on really easily, but you only have about 30 seconds to get them on before it evapoates.

Return to “eBay Links”