No, it's mandatory :lol:
It was like that when i got here

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm going off the whole idea now :evil:
In hiatus from motorcycles.

winger

Postby winger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Well i've got my Laser Hotcam pipe and baglux tank cover for a K1200s all i need is a bike!!.

sven

Postby sven » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 pm

I never really saw the point in the R-Sport. The BMW screen for the R is pretty effective below 100mph and you can buy an S if you want better protection and quite a bit more power. The S also has a better pillion seat.

The only advantage the R-Sport has over the S is a slightly more upright riding position. I bought the top yoke off an R for my bike, so it's got the best of both worlds.

However, it's a heavy lump and SWMBO dosn't ride pillion very often, so an R1200S may be on the cards shortly as I love the punchy engine, light weight and Ohlins suspension 8)
Steve
K1200S

Man-of-Mystery

Postby Man-of-Mystery » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:29 am

big rob wrote:I took out a K1200R demonstrator from JC's in Tayside, the things a fookin
missile :evil: my neck in now 3" longer than it was pre-test ride!!

I returned it to the shop after 5-hours of 'hooligan' behaviour (oh aye, took some piccies of the bike for the album too). Upon my return the salesman asked what i thought bout the bike: I told him I didn't see the point of such a machine, I'd be disqualified in no time and the bike would need a new rear tyre every 1500 miles :cry:

That would be the one they lent to me for a few weeks while they were sorting out Captain Black for me. It was rather... enjoyable... :)

As for the K1200R-Sport, hmmmm. I don't like its looks. They could have made it a simple cafe-racer, or a one-man-weapon, but instead they seem to have "tamed" it.

M-o-M
07 R1200S

Love your enemies - it'll drive the bastards crazy!

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Loved it loved it loved it...Had one down here last weekend and had a 40km blat on it. Felt good the minute I sat on it and once I'd got a feel for it through the first couple of bends just let it have its head. It's totally planted, pulls like a train and with the Akrapovic system sounds fantastic. Arguably corners better than the GS....(which is saying a LOT)... that front-end is really the apiarists nether-regions. Bizarrely I like the looks over both the R and the S....it's more BMW-like than the S (read more "quirky" ) and the speed is more useable than on the R
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

Return to “Boxerbanter”