northernboxer

petrol price protests about to start

Postby northernboxer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:29 am

GARY

rc

petrol

Postby rc » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

hi all
bloody good ,roll on the price come downs , looked on a harley forum and they are moaning about 20 dollars for 6 .5 galls ,£10 I ASK YA . the tax on fuel is a joke . roll on them kicking off about it . bring the country to a stand still .trouble is here everyone is to soft . just put up with everything .
nuff of that then . :roll:
JUST BECAUSE YOUR BREATHING DOESN'T MEAN YOUR NOT DEAD

thedukeofhunslet

Postby thedukeofhunslet » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:08 pm

The way a fuel protest works is almost unique.

A protest is announced. Threats of blockades at fuel depots are bandied about - despite them being illegal and then the organisers sit back.

You can play your part in the protest or not.

I can't afford not to take part in the protest as the consequences of running out of fuel are personally too high a price.

So I join the protest - by taking three jerry cans down to the petrol station and filling them and my car and then returning on both bikes filling them to the brim. That's how I join the protest - its how everyone else will as well.
By buying up 4 weeks supply of fuel.

By not doing the above. I.e thinking you are not joining the protest, you will find that you are unable to buy fuel as everyone else has just bought up everything available.

That's how a fuel protest works - and last time we had one - I used to walk to work.

The best way to get the price of fuel lowered is for everyone to avoid the two largest petrol suppliers in the UK. Esso and BP. The result will be that to lure customers back they will lower their prices - and the result of that is that everyone else will price match.

So there are two ways to protest. Not sure which one is the best yet...

Animal

Postby Animal » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:51 pm

thedukeofhunslet wrote:That's how a fuel protest works - and last time we had one - I used to walk to work..

That'll take me about 10 hours... bugger.

f90x

Postby f90x » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:56 pm

I haven't used Esso for about ten years as although all petrol companies are pretty bad to the environment, Esso just have a flagrant disregard towards the planet... http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/climate/stop-esso And no, I am not some tree hugging bleeding heart liberal.

The last time all this happened I received all the same emails that everybody else did and I actually stopped using BP as well as Esso even though my preferred fuel for both the bike and the car is 'BP ultimate' but did everyone else? Did they bollocks. Most people in this country can't be bothered; everything is too much like hard work for them. They all moan and complain but can't actually be arsed to do anything about it, even when all they have to do is avoid using two petrol companies. It doesn't get much easier than that.

We should be more like the French. They are more revolutionary and actually get the Government to take notice. We're pussies as a nation of people and the Government knows this which is why they get away with taking the piss out of us all the time.

Just my tuppence
Steve

gus

Postby gus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:36 pm

f90x wrote:I haven't used Esso for about ten years as although all petrol companies are pretty bad to the environment, Esso just have a flagrant disregard towards the planet... http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/climate/stop-esso And no, I am not some tree hugging bleeding heart liberal.

The last time all this happened I received all the same emails that everybody else did and I actually stopped using BP as well as Esso even though my preferred fuel for both the bike and the car is 'BP ultimate' but did everyone else? Did they bollocks. Most people in this country can't be bothered; everything is too much like hard work for them. They all moan and complain but can't actually be arsed to do anything about it, even when all they have to do is avoid using two petrol companies. It doesn't get much easier than that.

We should be more like the French. They are more revolutionary and actually get the Government to take notice. We're pussies as a nation of people and the Government knows this which is why they get away with taking the piss out of us all the time.

Just my tuppence
Steve

Spot on.We need to learn as a nation to tell them to "go f**k themselves " once in awhile.
gus

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:50 pm

gus wrote: Spot on.We need to learn as a nation to tell them to "go f**k themselves " once in awhile.
gus

I don't think it needs the British public to tell them to do that. They seem to be making a pretty good job of it all on their own :wink:

Keep up the good work Gordon :thumbup:
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

northernboxer

Postby northernboxer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:32 pm

for further details of blockades etc check this out,
http://www.transaction-2007.com/
GARY

northernboxer

Postby northernboxer » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:01 am

GARY

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:34 am

:lol: :lol:

Well...that was a bit of a damp squib..........
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

Return to “Boxerbanter”