Deleted threads

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Deleted threads

Postby Paul » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:52 am

Folks,

In the history of this board, Gromit and myself have taken a very hands off view towards moderating threads posted on here. One of the comments we frequently get about the site is that the tone is very friendly and un-confrontational, which I think most people appreciate.

In the past couple of days, we have deleted a couple of threads containing xenophobic or homophobic postings. This stuff is distasteful to the vast majority of people on this site and will not be tolerated. If you have the need to spout this kind of stuff, please find some other board to go and do it on.

Thanks,

Paul

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:32 am

Paul,

I think I know what you are referencing to, but I have not found anything xeno or homophobic in there. Just because a few people take something different from what it was obviously intended to and complain does not make it xeno or homophobic. I urge you to be careful when doing these things, as it is a sloped surface and if you are not, you may end up censoring what is said instead of protecting good manners and common decency. Which in turn can quickly demise interest in these great forums. I have seen it happen more than once.

That said, you are the host and we are the guests. It is up to the guests to live by the rules set by the host or get booted out of their home.
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

winger

Postby winger » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:01 pm

Well i must be missing something as i thought there was only one, yea yea i know!!!

I didn't post on the one that i know was deleted,didn't care,although i have to say there was one posting that i have to class as the most dangerous thing that has ever been put on any Boxertrix site,when people start coming the old politicly correct bollox,then in my book thats someone trying to force a point of view(minority) on me,which i take great exception to,and if i was doing the deleting the threads would go and so would he.

Paul/Richard

It's your site delete what you want ,neither of you need to give an explanation,i bit of dictatorship never did anyone any harm.

Have a look on the Pelican about Nate Kern if ever summat needed deleting

On a lighter not stop useing big words Paul!!!!

Chris C

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:25 pm

It's a tough job Paul and all I can say that you're doing fine. It's not up to us to define your standards, but I feel comfortable with them, and probably a few more (otherwise it would only be you and me on this board).

HJ

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Glad it was deleted.
I replied to it early on without thinking enough and then edited my response because i realised my mistake. I tried to make light of it and when reading it back didnt like what I saw.
Plan and simple the thread was offensive to people I like and respect and I felt bad about having replied light heartidly in the first place.
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

f90x

Postby f90x » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:06 am

I asked for it to be deleted, but I am a long way from being politically correct. It was becoming distastefull (as if the title wasn't bad enough in the first place) and puerile. It needed to go.

stoney

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:47 am

Tough decision to make but a good call. 8)
Andy

boxerscott

Deleted threads

Postby boxerscott » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:51 am

Well chaps, Firstly and foremostly I would not disagree with anything that has been said in any of the threads, however, I have not killed, maimed, molested or stolen anything, slagged or dissed any individual that shares my passion of the Boxers within this forum. I am a decent honourable man (like I suspect so are you) and that on occasions can be a little bit :twisted:. This is a Forum and I did not expect such a fuss, I take it we are all big boys and our years of experience in life should by now have taught us to deal with disappointment and the fact that life sometimes is not fair or reasonable.
I accept that my posting and latterly a reply may not be agreeable to some, I would offer that just maybe the majority in the forum can deal with things that they do not agree with without making a fuss. I could have quite easily put my views in more moderate language but that would not have changed the sentiment, the question remains the same and within the forum it provoked quite a bit of interest. I think a moderate ok enough is enough chaps posting from the moderators would have been better than deleting the thread.. and for heaven sake whats wrong with a bit of :twisted: celeb bashing?? Thanks for the private messages. Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Nero

Postby Nero » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:28 am

I for one certainly missed the xenophobic thread; the homophobic one was not so difficult to miss. I posted on that deleted thread with what I thought was a light hearted reply, clearly this was not the case, so I apologise to those that I genuinely offended with my comment. Others perhaps need to step down from the soap box with their bigoted opinions.

This is a forum that is hosted by those that regulate it, if you feel the need to moderate with deletion, then this is obviously your prerogative. Fair play to those that have replied with considered views subsequent to the deletion, but in all the replies, including my own there was no forcing of a view. IMHO there is now no need to have a thread to discuss the deleted thread. I will tread more carefully in future with my freedom of speech.

Nero

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:00 am

As I never got to see the original threads, little of what is written here makes sense. Flippin frustrating!
However, I will say that I too like the friendly tone of this site. Long may it continue!

Steve

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:15 am

Full apprpval, Paul & Rich - no explanation or justification necessary.

Keep the site as it always has been, a great bunch of friends.

:)
Huw_

Return to “Boxerbanter”