Another one bites the dust...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Another one bites the dust...

Postby adamski49 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello people, long time no post (new job and various other excuses).

Anyway, this morning I had the pleasure of dumping my bike on it's left hand side due to farmer giles liberally coating the whole road on a left hander with oil (not diesel as far as we could tell though).

As I approached it just looked wet and shiny so entered slow and neutral, felt the front go but before I could counter it or get a foot out I was on my arse. Two mates behind had the benefit of seeing this and managed to straight line through it without hitting me.

Fortunately it was only a slow spill but the Fazer looks a bit sorry for itself. I'm really looking forward to the parts bill (no insurance involvement at this stage, I want to keep building my no claims).

Feeling a bit sore and tender but otherwise intact - anothe thumbs up for HG Cruise kit.

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:09 pm

Glad you were able to walk away, mate.

Huw
Huw_

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Bad luck, mate.......... still - could have been worse.

Are you waiting until nightfall before paying the farmer a visit? :twisted:

Al :roll:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Thats bad news Adam, at least your not badly hurt. I take it you've reported it to the police and local authority? somebody needs prosecuting for that.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:35 pm

Glad that you are OK, I take it that you were solo and did not have the wee feller on the pillion.

Bob

gus

Postby gus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Glad to hear your OK.
If you can prove it was negligence on the farmers behalf,then sue the reckless twat.
gus

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:05 pm

Glad you are OK and not injured badly, pity about the bike.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:23 pm

Glad to hear that you survived the experience Adam. Plastic is a lot easier to replace than skin & bone. Could be a sign to get back onto something a bit more germanic, p'raps?

Hope you get back on two wheels again soon.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Thank for the replies.

Yep running solo. Riding buddy is a copper and I think he phoned it in while I checked the bike over but as for prosecuting the farmer, chances are slim. Anyway, the bike can still be ridden as it's mainly cosmetic and like you say I walked away.

My reality check is having two cousins die wthn the space of two months, one 44 and the other 38. Feck me if the worst thing that happened to me today is that I fell off my bike, got up and rode off, well hallelujah I'll have some more of that.

As the French hotel owner said to us when my mate fell off in the Alps a few years back... [strong French accent] "It 'appens" He's not wrong :lol:

Adam :D
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:56 pm

'There but for theGrace of *(insert preferance here), go anyone of us', .. glad your OK Adam
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:15 pm

Any crash you can walk away from is a good one Adam, glad to hear it's only costmetic to you as well ! I'd still take some pics and attempt to recoup costs from the individual concerned, should have a good chance if the oil trail clearly leads from the farm land and it's sole use by the farm concerned.

Anyway, you're alright, everything else is a bonus . . . .

Toodle Pip
:wav:
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:22 pm

Woops! At least you had the presence of mind to slow down and minimise the damage that happened. It's all too easy at the moment - is that a bit of dry road or crap that just makes it look 'not wet'?

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:07 am

Got the new replacement parts cost today... £600ish :lol: so removed the aesthetic damage only... £400ish :lol: :lol: so removed the things that can be persuaded back into their rightful shape with a twatting implement... £300ish - I can live with that.

It's not much more than my insurance excess and this is for new items so factor in ebay, breakers and the generosity of the Fazer forum members this could be a relatively painless experience and yet another two wheeled lesson learned.

What are the chances of me runnning into another road based oil slick? I'd say next to nil and I'm not a betting man.

Cheers

Adam (My glass is half full) :D

Return to “Boxerbanter”