Avoid M25 south

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bmwonder

Avoid M25 south

Postby bmwonder » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:51 pm

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Now, let me see.......how can I get to Cadwell-en-Charente without passing by the M25.............????

:D :P
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

m25jambuster

Postby m25jambuster » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:51 pm

Mrs m25 has been working in Croydon this week and has been using her bike. She called at 4:30pm yesterday to say she was leaving and I told her about the M25. She was still not home by 6:10pm and she was on a bike!! Apparently the reason Mrs m25 was so long in getting home had nothing to do with the M25. She was enjoying the good weather too much and so filled her tank just outside Croydon and went 'The Long Way Round' to get home. Good for her!

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:59 pm

Almost ruined it for me too! Fortunately I was on the bike, not in the car. Also a quick poke around on multimap came up with a route from Leatherhead (right by J9 where it was closed, of course) towards Guildford, then up some B road at East Horsley to the A3 and a quick dart along to J10 where only a short queue to the roundabout let me onto a really really quiet M25. Quick blast to the ton before remembering the cameras :?

Then I had to find a nice detour around Silverstone where the A43 was closed as well. Still, saw some nice scenery and some windy roads.

Return to “Boxerbanter”