New To Beemers and The Forum

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

JoeC

New To Beemers and The Forum

Postby JoeC » Thu May 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi, thought I would introduce myself as I am new to BM's and the Forum.
I am Joe, live in Kent and just bought an R1100S (Frosted Blue). It's on a 51 plate, 3500 miles (I have checked this out with the supplying and servicing dealer) and cost me £4K private sale.

It's much different to my old Fazer 600S and as yet I have not got to grips with it. Lets say it has character!

Bye for now and I apologise in advance if I ask lots of questions but I need to get to know my bike as I intend to keep it for a while.

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Thu May 25, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi Joe

Welcome on board.. hope you enjoy getting to know your S.

I'm in London along with a few others on this forum - there are regular meets in the SE (although I've yet to make one in 2years +... :? ) and there is a brilliant amount of technical know how and friendly advice.

Lets hope for an ease up in the rain for the weekend.

Ade.
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Thu May 25, 2006 4:45 pm

Sounds like a good price. 4k for 3.5k miles and only a 51. Sounds a bargin. Are you sure that's not 35k miles? 3500 miles is not even run in for a boxer engine. Flippin heck, where exactly has it been for the last few years? Who did you buy it off? That sort of milage is very un-BMW like. I hope that you can be trusted to rectify this problem?

JoeC

Postby JoeC » Thu May 25, 2006 4:59 pm

The chap I got the bike off bought it on a whim (his wife was not pleased!) and never really used it. I got the milage verified by the dealer where he bought and serviced it from along with a bill from Feb 06 showing milage of 4222.

I have the bike to commute to work on and do 26 miles a day so it will eventually rack up - my only issue is riding through the winter.

winger

Postby winger » Thu May 25, 2006 5:02 pm

New Bm's and the forum!!! some learning curve your on!!!!!

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Thu May 25, 2006 5:11 pm

So you're in Kent - There's a few people on here from there.

As for riding through winter. The BMW is an ideal all year round bike, although don't belive the BMW hype about build quality. They are no better, or worse, than most other bikes out there. They have a few weak spots that are discussed at length on here. Treat it liberally with ACF50 at the start of winter and treat with Scotoiller engine protectorant from time to time and it should keep the worst at bay.

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu May 25, 2006 6:54 pm

top location :wink:

harry

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Fri May 26, 2006 7:51 am

JoeC! Welcome! If you're ever down this way could you bring me some Rough Mariner's Shag and a pair of those knitted slippers they do up in Cumberland?

Muchly thankings.

PS If you're interested my missus does a nice line in crocheted side-stand warmers.

:D :P
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

Penfold

ah! I see you got here then!

Postby Penfold » Sat May 27, 2006 12:30 am

Hi Joe,
I posted a link to here on the KAMG site, but now see that you made it along all by yourself.
Though Flash's geography is clearly in need of an Upgrade (where exactly in Kent is Cumberland?) I can highly recommend his gaff for a bit of a run out.
Good luck with the new steed mate,
Jan
"Crumbs Chief! What do we do now?"

Return to “Boxerbanter”