Another one down...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

winger

Postby winger » Fri May 05, 2006 6:58 pm

B'Ham?????

Christ Rich what was all that about,at the very least we could have come and taken the piss!!! assumeing you were in your uniform!!!

Chris

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Fri May 05, 2006 7:15 pm

winger wrote:B'Ham?????

Christ Rich what was all that about,at the very least we could have come and taken the piss!!! assumeing you were in your uniform!!!

Chris

:lol:

We had a lunchtime gig at the B/ham Conservatoire in town.

Lots of young, female students around - and on the first really warm day of the year too :shock:

There are times when I just hate my job ;)

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:23 pm

My daily commute is 35 miles each way 5 days a week, i can gurantee at least 3/4 scary moments each week due to drivers on the phone.

I am considering a bag full of 1/2" whitworth nuts to lob over my shoulder as I go past.

Hope you mend well and soon.

Bob

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Fri May 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Bob - I've been considering the possibility of developing (or getting someone else to) an EMP transmitter. Basically, if someone on the road pisses me off, a quick blast of electromagnetic pulse energy to totally fry their electrics will leave them stranded. Their phone/CD player/DVD/engine Fi & ignition/air-con all rendered useless in about 2 milliseconds. And they won't even know what hit them. :D

Me-109

Re: Another one down...

Postby Me-109 » Fri May 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Gromit wrote:I blast the horn again but, like before, there's no evidence of her wish to avoid me.

Perhaps she'd have noticed you indicting angrily if you'd been on an S?! :lol:

Sorry to hear about the off. Depending on NCBs etc, it used to be 25% loading for a claim. Protected NCBs are certainly useful 'added' insurance. But then Fully Comp helps as well... :roll:

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri May 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Boiled potatoes are the answer!!!

(if you're really pi55ed off - you don't need to boil them first :shock: ).

Al :D :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

winger

Postby winger » Fri May 05, 2006 9:18 pm

I know a very well known road racer,who's made a few visors in his time,when on the way to a race meeting in his transit van had a fraca's and threw ten quid in 2 bob pieces!!! at the offending motorist!!!

Archie

Postby Archie » Sat May 06, 2006 9:00 am

I heard an automatic centre-punch on a car window works wonders for ventilation!

gus

Postby gus » Sat May 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Bloody hell richard!
Glad your OK,ish!
Not a good thing to be wearing plaster at the start of the summer. :lol:
I,ve been knocked off my pushbike a couple of times by twats on phones.None of them stopped,even though i actually made contact with them.
gus

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Sat May 06, 2006 3:24 pm

It's a women, she's on the phone ......

'efasive manouvres'!!!!

Hope you'll recover soon, and the bike too.

HJ

Nigel

Postby Nigel » Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear your off Rich. :(

I've noticed in recent months people on phones (90% Van/truck drivers and Women) getting more and more noticeable :x

Nigel
Follow me....I'll show you where to fall off.....

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sat May 06, 2006 10:23 pm

Nigel wrote:Sorry to hear your off Rich. :(

I've noticed in recent months people on phones (90% Van/truck drivers and Women) getting more and more noticeable :x

Nigel

It's mainly because there are no traffic officers left to implement the penalties, therefore the penalties may as well not exist.
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:57 pm

boxerpan wrote:
Nigel wrote:Sorry to hear your off Rich. :(

Nigel

It's mainly because there are no traffic officers left to implement the penalties, therefore the penalties may as well not exist.

[Devils advocate mode on]
Weigh this up against speeding on minor roads without fear of meeting a traffic car. Unfortunately we can't have it all ways.
[Devils advocate mode off]

Richard, Sorry to hear about your off but, as annoying as it is, it's not that bad if you got up and rode away and you've gone that many years without a claim.

Personally, I'd get some of those premiums back and make a claim. I must've recouped at least half my total riding insurance premiums when I wrote off the GSX-R. If you look at it that way it suddenly makes it look fairly cost effective.

Cheers

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 am

adamski49 wrote:
Personally, I'd get some of those premiums back and make a claim. I must've recouped at least half my total riding insurance premiums when I wrote off the GSX-R. If you look at it that way it suddenly makes it look fairly cost effective.

Cheers

Adam :)

Good point, well made.

I rang my insurers yesterday, but they're only open for claims mon-fri (wtf?). With going off to France in 3 weeks' time I'm hoping to at least get the bent/busted parts fixed by then (cosmetic bits can wait).

m25jambuster

Postby m25jambuster » Sun May 07, 2006 11:21 am

I have had a look at my policy docs and have found that due to the amount of NCB i have that my NCB is protected and gauranteed. If yours is the same I think I would go with the claim and let them fund the repair. If there is a subsequent increase in premium it is likely to be low compared to the value of the repair cost.
Just a thought.........!

Return to “Boxerbanter”