MotoGP bike in the comic

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Stevie

MotoGP bike in the comic

Postby Stevie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:57 pm

So, MCN claim to have spy-shots of tests of a BMW MotoGP bike. I got this from their website, as I have no intention of buying it this week, and suspect that my opening sentence is a comprehensive summary of the entire article.

The question is, though, if the bring our a road-legal variant, what does this do to the R1200S, or the K1200S for that matter?

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:24 pm

Doubt they will make it road legal. The technology might feed into the mainstream in due time. Don't forget that the new 800cc limit is going to tax all the manufacturers. There might not be a market for this size engine for any manufacturer (or it might start a whole new segment). Who knows???

I think what will be more interesting will be the new proposed 1200cc limit for twins in WSB. Allegedly KTM, Guzzi and Ducati are all asking for a 1200cc limit in WSB for twins. Ducati say they will pack up and go home if they don't get it. If this happens then you might see an R1200s battling it out in WSB. I know that its a long shot but it's not impossible.

winger

Postby winger » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 pm

The Ducati thing is all about cost,what their after is the same performance at lower cost,the race engines do 500 miles,e'r thats a lie actually cuz it's less than that,the conrods are 1700 quid each with a life span of a 1000 clicks!!!

Plus the marketing thing is going pete tong,as a 1000 twin just ain't enough with what the 1000 4's are chucking out horsepower wise,with jap road bikes.

BrettC

Postby BrettC » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Return to “Boxerbanter”