Corbin seat.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

leasky

Corbin seat.

Postby leasky » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:04 pm

Looking for some advice on the price of a used Corbin seat with removeable back-rest.
I have been offered the above (colour coded) for £170. It looks in good nick and the guy says its 4 years old. He is a light guy and the bike has done less then 20K, so the seat should not have too much wear anyhow.
It comes with the original shinny silver securing bolts for my cowling but the bolt which secures the back rest to the seat is missing.
Is it a steal at £170???
All thoughts and comments welcome.
Cheers for noo, Leasky.

black99S

Postby black99S » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:26 pm

From the Corbin site, Leather seat US$359 and backrest US$249
£170 ~ UD$298. 50% off for 4 years use? I'd offer him less.
http://www.corbin.com/bmw/r1100s.shtml

Corbin did sell a cheaper seat with vinyl inserts. Seats don't come with the lock-latch bar attached - you have to take it off your stock seat. It weighs a bunch more than stock seat too.

Seat feels a bit strange at first - wider at the front which you notice first time you put your feet down, but I've done 800k days continually - definite improvement over the stock 1999 seat.

You will want to wedge some sort of block (I used an old x-country cork block for waxing) in the centre of the front rust-prone-crude-steel angle bracket. If you don't, the bump rubber mounts will work themselves off their short pegs and into a ditch somewhere. Then your seat will drop down and wear into the paint.

Return to “Boxerbanter”