ITV's absolutely SH!TE BSB coverage

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

theseadog

ITV's absolutely SH!TE BSB coverage

Postby theseadog » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Well I've given it two rounds now and I've decided that their coverage is crap. What on earth possesed them to hire Jane O-my-God the former Gladiator, she was crap on Men & Motors and is worse on ITV. "Oh they don't want to take their helmets off on the grid cause they're focused" I think you'll find it because they think you're an arse and can't be bothered talking to you Jane ! funny how they do it for Sky, though don't start me on that twat Tony Carter that they've hired this year.

Right feel better now I've got that off my chest, back to the garage to finish putting the wiring back on the bike and sticking the tupperware back on.

Toodle Pip
:wav:
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 pm

I thought the Beeb's showing of MotoGP over the weekend was pretty dire too. The racing seemed ok, a few place changes and the like, but the endles drivel in the background and the fact that you could not hear the bikes made it boring - no atmosphere. And I don't know who was responsible for the camerawork - placement, choice of shot, selection/direction - but it really doesn't work. I can't quite place it, I think they were shot too wide and the front-on shots are suffering too much compression as with a telefoto.

Some Yorkshire lad (is that Whitham?) on ITV preaching basics of racecraft or mechanics of bikes, tyres etc is typical of a show new to a channel - always catering for the new audience or trying to attract viewers instead of catering for a knowledgeable audience. Can't see them talking about club choice in golf, for example.

izustu

Postby izustu » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:49 am

I realise that not everybody can get it, but Eurosport and Sky's coverage of both events is second to none. Sky even showed the 125's and Superstocks in addition to BSB & BSS.

I too tried ChavTV and it was unwatchable. :shock:

Simon

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 am

Agreed. R6 Cup races on sky sport were magic. Best racing I've seen for a while. Best commentary is Julian and Toby for MotoGP. Those guys are real anoraks when it comes to bike facts. What's happened to Men And Motors? It has always been crap but it did at least have some decent down to earth low budget bike shows. They seem to have gone to be replaced by more US cop shows and endless re-runs of The Professionals. There doesn't seem to be any "Motors" stuff left?

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:24 am

Having spent many thousands of pounds watching racing all over the world, I am very grateful to sit in my rocking chair and enjoy free coverage of racing on TV. If you dont like it turn it off, no one will mind.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:42 am

You're missing the point Reg, the coverage is so piss poor that that's exactly what lots of people will be doing, and the trouble is that amongst them could be many converts. Yes it's good that in thoery it's reaching a wider audience, but the product has to be well packaged and delivered, and it's not. Edited very short highlights of the first race, and crap grid coverage do not spread the gospel well.

You may think that no-one will mind, but that's where you're wrong, we should be encouraging the spread of biking by wanting it promoted in the best light, not being apathetic, we're already a minority who struggle to be heard.

Toodle Pip
:brave:
Cheers

PAul

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:45 am

I'm just thankful that the 'Bikes' are on 'proper TV' at all. What I don't get is how at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit,.. they can miss so much action. It's less than a mile around the whole circuit for heavens sake, .. I'd understand if it was the GP circuit,... but come-on, ..... a second camera might help :x
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

jltownshend

And, while we're at it...

Postby jltownshend » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:08 pm

Agreed on ITV.

But, the papers are even worse! Having missed MotoGP Saturday, the reports in the papers were, as per usual, minimal. A tiny paragraph in the Sunday Times doesn't quite cut it...Rossi won. Well thanks very much.

winger

Postby winger » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:28 pm

The fact that the ITV coverage is a disgrace,is just the tip of the iceberg,the people who run the BSB championship have taken the kings shilling and sold the sport down the river.

The few teams at the front may be happy with the 15 minutes of advertising what about the rest!!!,i know of at least one instance were a sponsor has refused to help because of lack of coverage of the supersport race on ITV, although i guess the average punter watching TV thinks there are only 2 races!!!!

From a plus point of view,certainley won't spend so many sundays ironing the settee,will watch the 3 hour Sky program at night.

What makes smile,when people talk about the cost of Sky,i pay £36 a month,my bad maths makes that 9 quid a week,big bucks eh!!!.

Witham works well with Jack Burnicle on Eurosport,but that twat who does the comentating on ITV could do with a good gargle before he starts!!!

As for the Beeb,normally switch over when the adds are on Eurosport!!!,the only hassle is getting the timeing right when to switch back!!

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:24 am

winger wrote:the people who run the BSB championship have taken the kings shilling and sold the sport down the river.

Oh yes. I know we're a minority and all that (even in the biking world) but mention these twats in the 3 wheel corner of the paddock and the language turns the air blue and is not repeatable on a public forum...

We only got on the card at Donnington cos it was Steve Webster tribute race and a lot of people worked very hard to get it there.....

Harry.

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:24 am

Chris said What makes smile,when people talk about the cost of Sky,i pay £36 a month,my bad maths makes that 9 quid a week,big bucks eh!!!.

Its OK for you but I only get £10 a week pocket money!!!
2000 BMW R1100s
Reg & Gwen.

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 am

bikemad99 wrote:Chris said What makes smile,when people talk about the cost of Sky,i pay £36 a month,my bad maths makes that 9 quid a week,big bucks eh!!!.

Its OK for you but I only get £10 a week pocket money!!!

So what are you complaining about then Reg, that still leaves you a quid to buy some crisps to eat whilst watching :wink:

Toodle Pip
Cheers

PAul

winger

Postby winger » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:17 pm

Better effort today,not as good as anything Sky have done,but not bad.

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Yep, I'd have to agree Chris, at least we got to see the complete races, but I supect that may have been because it was a Bank holiday Monday.

and they've still got to get rid of that muppet Oh-my-God, she's crap. Did you hear her interview with Rae, ffs.......

Toodle Pip
Cheers

PAul

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:41 am

Again I enjoyed 2hrs of free viewing,I thought the coverage was quite good,made even better because I was watching in works time. I liked the way they followed close racing other than at the front,and they showed us some of the other races.Looking forward to Oulton on May 1st.
2000 BMW R1100s
Reg & Gwen.

Return to “Boxerbanter”