Grrrrrrrrrrr! Unfair....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Me-109

Grrrrrrrrrrr! Unfair....

Postby Me-109 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:59 am

I'm 292 road miles from my bike for the second day in a row with glorious sunshine outside - even if it is still on the cool side.

Bet it'll be piddling down come the weekend. :x

Hope all you with access to your motos have the time to use them while you can.

It's just sooooo unfair. Sniff.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:03 pm

Bummer I know :(

I'm off to N Wales tomorrow for a long w/e and the weather forecast is for it to be 'total shite'. Oh deep joy. :(

Lightrunner

Postby Lightrunner » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm off to N Wales for a long weekend next weekend... not worried about the weather yet but I'd be interested to hear of any nice routes you find :)

....and it is indeed unfair :(
Andy

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Lightrunner wrote:I'm off to N Wales for a long weekend next weekend... not worried about the weather yet but I'd be interested to hear of any nice routes you find :)

....and it is indeed unfair :(

Plenty of good roads up there - some of which aren't on the usual Poweranger circuit, fortunately. Helps having a friend who lives very close to that area; a bit of local knowledge is always handy ;)

Malc

Postby Malc » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:23 pm

I'm off the North Wales for Easter, will be taking the peddly bike though.

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Good roads..... A5 from Llangollen till it meets A55. A5104 from where it meets the A5 to the roundabout where it meets A542, take a right and head up to the Ponderosa Cafe at the top of the Horseshoe Pass, loads of bikes. Good food and great roads. This continues back down to Llangollen. Keep your eyes on the road and not the view, theres a drop and a half on your left. A543 from Pentrefoelas on the A5 over the Denbigh moors, twisty and open. A494 from the A5 to Bala. As you enter Bala take the A4212 to Trawsfynydd, beautiful biking road. There you can take a left towards Dolgellau on the A470. Back up to Bala if you want or head along the coast to Tywyn, beautiful view of the sea here. I could go on but you can,t really find bad roads in North Wales. Keep your eyes open for Copters and slow down for villages. Might see you around. Good luck.
Watching you Focker!

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:08 pm

Even more miserable now - six feckin' hours to get home today from 'darn sarf' :cussing: :angry5: :banghead:

M25 not bad,
M40/A43 great, really whizzing along,
M1 - car park
Off at Donington for a pee, absolutley desperate by then, can't get back onto M1 traffic is so bad.
Never mind detour over A50/A6/A38 and side roads through Derbyshire - spent 18 months working around there so know the roads well enough.
Arghh, crawl around Derby at School kicking out time an stuck behind mums in the lanes and can't get passed...
M1 car park again past the Meadowhall when it finally freed up agin.
Back to whizzing on clear Northern roads.
Call from the missus - 'don't use the A19 there's a cement wagon spilled its load (oo-er) and blocking the carriageway'!

Well, I checked Traveline and there was no report so I thought I'd chance it and, for once, it was indeed clear.

306 miles for a 270 mile journey - ok 293 via the M40 - in something like 5 hr 45m with just the one quick 'nature break'. Atrocious - I hate travelling on Fridays. :x

You can guess how many times I wanted my bike.

Lightrunner

Postby Lightrunner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:11 pm

sorry to have hijacked this thread but just got back from North Wales.... talk about glorious :D
Andy

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:04 pm

Where did you go?
Watching you Focker!

Lightrunner

Postby Lightrunner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:56 pm

everywhere I think..... we were there for 4 days staying in a bunk house between Capel Curig and Bangor just off the A5 (sorry if I spell places wrong) Every morning 3 of us would take a 07:30 trip to Tesco's in Bangor for fags and food (13 miles each way) then we'd just head off going either left or right from where we were staying. We tried to stay off the 'main' roads and in general did pretty well I think. Road numbers that I remember are the A5, A470, A4085, A4086, A498, A4212 <- think this one had the awesome bend by a lake on it. There were also a reasonable number of roads that felt more like mountain passes.... no fences, tress, cars, markings.... just a winding piece of tarmac and a few startled sheep :D

We saw quite a few police but were always within the limit where we saw them... in general I would have said that the police were only in areas where there was a easily perceived risk to non road users which was a pleasant change
Andy

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 pm

I used to live in North Wales and I get out there regularly. LLanberis was my furthest destination on Sunday 23rd. If you are in that neck of the woods check out Petes Eats, it is a cafe frequented by climbers. Excellent portions, good value. I still find new roads which blow me away. Try riding around Lake Vernwy near Bala, beautiful. I hope your appetite for North Wales has been whetted. All the best.
Watching you Focker!

Return to “Boxerbanter”