Adam

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:00 pm

adamski49 wrote:Jason

Had the basic Ivan's slip on jet kit fitted yesterday :shock:

It's one hell of an improvement over standard. The midrange is more powerful and instant from any revs making it even easier to ride around town then, when you wind it on out of a 30 limit, it takes off like a scalded cat. :twisted:

I know it wasn't exactly slow before but this makes it even more flexible and being in the right gear is even less important as it will pull out of any bend at any speed :D

Best £170 I've spent on a bike.

The full blown kit at £260 plus and end can is supposed to be pretty amazing too but I'm trying (struggling?) to stay in stealth mode with the standard can.

Adam :)

Alright Adam.

The flippin throttle on the fazer is so sensitive anyway :shock: I can imagine telling a copper I was doing 70 in a 30 was because I sneezed and inadvertantly added 40 accidentally. The more I ride it the more I think the problem is the fact that I put no weight on the bars at all and that I'm using them to 'hold on' against the wind which makes throttle control even more difficult. That and the fact that the bars go crazy over uneven surfaces. It's like holding on to 2 big guard dogs that have suddenly seen a juicy 'chav sandwich' approaching. I'm going to have to put those setting in and see if I can calm it down a bit because it's a bit wearing and getting on my tits. I need a new front tyre too which doesn't help.

Still a nice machine though for the money :wink:

Jason

Return to “Boxerbanter”