bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:05 pm

22/23 Snetterton
25 Mallory/Oulton Park
26 Snetterton
27 Brands Indy
28 Cadwell
29 Silverstone GP

Which organiser(s) are these with? Top dogs at the moment are Focused and Hotrax. I've alway gone with Focused and not had any problems except for getting squeezed on the track time when there are a lot of red flags. Although everyone tells me that it's always the slow group who get squeezed if there's time pressure and most of the orgnisers are the same.

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:30 pm

Vespa on a trackday, ...... well I got 'Mugged' by a T-Max Scooter at the Welsh Hill Climb on the 2004 MotoChallenge, .... I creamed him on my second run when it dried-out, ...... but I still felt like a bit of a 'Dick'. I also got trounced by a guy called Paul Mundy riding an MZ 250 around Bands Indy circuit.. not just once... but on every bloody session. I was on a TRX 850, ..... but thankfully, ... I was wearing a very very very dark visor.

Geoff
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Geoff - no shame in being mugged by one of these...

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:49 pm

BockingBandit wrote:Vespa on a trackday, ...... well I got 'Mugged' by a T-Max Scooter at the Welsh Hill Climb on the 2004 MotoChallenge, .... I creamed him on my second run when it dried-out, ...... but I still felt like a bit of a 'Dick'. I also got trounced by a guy called Paul Mundy riding an MZ 250 around Bands Indy circuit.. not just once... but on every bloody session. I was on a TRX 850, ..... but thankfully, ... I was wearing a very very very dark visor.

Geoff

Ahhh haaa - that will either have been Spencer on the TMAX, or more likely Paul Blizzard the journalist. I think it was Paul on that trip - the bloke that was perpetually late. By the way, I was the tall skinny ugly one putting up the tents and doing some of the (ah hem..) cooking :shock:

Paul is a very good rider indeed - did you go round Knock Hill as well. I only just managed to fend him off with the because the S was faster along the straights (I did only turn up for the last session though excuses.. excuses...). I've ridden a fair bit with him in all conditions and he really is an excellent rider. He wins off-road competitions on his GS for goodness sake. Followed him round the Nubergring on his scoot when he had someone on the back and it was as much as I could do to keep with the mad bas*ard!

I could be mistaken though - that might have been the 2003 Challenge - doh!
Jason

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:47 am

Jason.. it's a .Small World'. It was 'Young-Man Spencer' on the 'Scooter' at the Strata Florida Hill Climb. I was second up the hill and it was pouring down,.. thankfully we got to have a second run,.. in the 'almot dry' and I did ok .. I was the 2004 MotoChallengeGB,.. you must have been on the 1st one. I loved it,.. and did ok. I bought my Bandit for £600 on eBay, stuck a pair of BT020's on it and changed the oil, ... I still got 3rd place Overall and won the 'North Challenge' outright, .. which pee'd off a few people with 'Proper Bikes'. Yes.. I did KnockHill, ..... didn't like it much though, .. and not just the bloody midges. They employed a 'No Overtaking In Corners' rule,.. and when your on a 70,000 mile Bandit 600, ... you aint going to pass too much on the straights. I was in the fast group, so just let the pack go and posted my own times, .. so managed to stay in the top 3,.... which I thought I needed to do to win th 'North Challenge', .... but then in true Nick Sanders fashion, .......... they didnt include the KnockHill results in the final scores..... bugger. That meant I had to 'Keep my Feet-up' for an bloody eternityat Kelso in the 'Slow Riding' contest.. but hell, ... I do 'Slow' really well. 8)
(Oh yes,.. and Paul Mundy went on to win the MZ 250 Series that same year, .... and Brands had been his final pre-season testing session).
I'd do it again,.. if it wasn't for a visit from the 'Skint Fairy'
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:54 pm

shock came back today from KTech about 2 weeks sooner than they told me on the phone and about 30quid cheaper :D why can't more services be like that.

Back up north this weekend to reinstall and bring the bike back and then its a case of study the weather and see what's available - Anyone up for bunking off work during the week otherwise its probably Snetterton on 22nd/23rd.

Check out http://www.uktrackdays.co.uk/

Ade :D
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:42 am

During the week is actually easier for me as the weekends get booked up with family stuff as I'm often travelling in the week. I'll have a think?

Return to “Boxerbanter”