K1200R - Thoughts anyone ?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

mdouglas

Postby mdouglas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:36 pm

I've gone White Aluminium (matte silver in normal speak) with Black Frame, Engine and Wheels, Sports Wheels (6" 190 profile tyre), Heated Grips and ABS. Wasn't fussed about ESA as I tend not to go 2-up very often. The only thing I'm missing is clear indicator lenses but that can easily be remedied at a later date. I could have it as early as the weekend!

For some reason, the insurance through BMW scheme was only £20 more than for the Rockster renewal ?!

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi Mark,

Mine is the same colour, went for the 180 rear, but regret it as the wheels look better in the 190. I also went for the ESA and heated grips, sport screen and clear indicator lenses.

My insurance with BMW was only £143 Fully Comp.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

mdouglas

Postby mdouglas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:32 pm

£143 ! I thought i was doing well at £380.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:40 pm

mdouglas wrote:£143 ! I thought i was doing well at £380.

I'd say 380's pretty bloody good for the Smoke. I pay about that for the Harley (although that's an agreed value policy).

And Andrew does live about twelvety hundred miles from nowhere. ;)

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:04 am

The Kingdom of Fife, twelvety hundred miles from nowhere. I'll have you know we have had inside toilets for nearly 10 years now.

On a serious note, Dunfermline is more expensive than Edinburgh, which is only 10 miles away. I was shocked at the quote and had to go over it twice just in case they got my age of 21 years wrong (well if you believe that and inside toilets).

A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 am

andrew s wrote:The Kingdom of Fife, twelvety hundred miles from nowhere. I'll have you know we have had inside toilets for nearly 10 years now.

On a serious note, Dunfermline is more expensive than Edinburgh, which is only 10 miles away.

:lol:

That Dunfermline is more pricey than Edinburgh - that does surprise me! :?

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:25 am

andrew s wrote:...we have had inside toilets for nearly 10 years now...

...:shock:...
Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 am

andrew s wrote:The Kingdom of Fife, twelvety hundred miles from nowhere. I'll have you know we have had inside toilets for nearly 10 years now.

On a serious note, Dunfermline is more expensive than Edinburgh, which is only 10 miles away. I was shocked at the quote and had to go over it twice just in case they got my age of 21 years wrong (well if you believe that and inside toilets).

Aye, but Fife is still the only part of Scotland that you only have to pay to get in to!

It must be a postcode thing - you probably have the same postcode as Cowdenbeath or Lochgelly

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:09 am

Stevie,

My postcode is KY12, when the weather gets better we should have a meet up. I normally meet Ian at Kinross services before we ride out over Glendevon and far away.

leasky

Postby leasky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Andrew S,
Leasky here again Andy. I would also like to pop down for a run if there are a couple of you boys heading out for a blast and you dont mind. The girlfriends parents are in Wormit, so I am down in the Kingdom on a regular basis. Having said all that I dont plan to put the bike on the road untill early April, as I am doing a couple of small bits and pieces to her.
It would be ideal to meet and for me to see some other bikes as I havent seen any up here other then a couple for sale in local dealers.
If I am being too necky, just say.
Cheers for noo, Leasky.

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:12 pm

leasky,

No problem what so ever, the way the weather is going I hope early April is going to be a lot better.

Kinross Services seem to be a popular meeting place for bikes. We tend to be out for 3 to 4 hours, so go for a good run, with a burger or tea stop somewhere. I'll P/M you with my phone number, and we can sort things out. Are you going to the mass meet up in Burton in May. Would recommend a trip down, there are 3 of us so far heading down south.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:43 pm

andrew s wrote:Stevie,

My postcode is KY12, when the weather gets better we should have a meet up. I normally meet Ian at Kinross services before we ride out over Glendevon and far away.

I'm game for that. I'm keen to see this K1200R as well.

ianc53

Postby ianc53 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:23 pm

Leasky

I'm just 2 miles down the road from Wormit in Gauldry so give me a shout next time you're down.

Cheers

Ian

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:34 pm

You may have inside toilets and electricity now but you still don't have Starbucks. That's true civilisation!

Q. What's a "Scottish Salad"?

>
>
>
>
>
A. Cold chips!

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:18 pm

Well, there is allegedly a Starbucks in Fife (never seen it myself), but it's in St. Andrews, and frankly, it would be too much effort avoiding the Range Rovers, Labradors and green wellies to ever consider going there.

Return to “Boxerbanter”