How close?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:15 pm

Familiarity and boredom are dangerous, as a london regular I get about 1 'wake up' a month and its nearly always my own fault, usually from enjoying the bike too much where I shouldn't (elephant & castle roundabout, A3 dual carriage way, trying to do stoppies between speed bumps etc.) and its without fail related to overtaking....

Also spend a load of time on autopilot which isn't clever.

Having said that the last major daft move came from racing a courier between Stockwell and Oval on a service loaner (ahem). I'm far too sensible now to do it on the S.....
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

winny2

Postby winny2 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:55 pm

I'm sure you'll soon be laughing at the experience Jason.

My worst 'near miss' was many years ago. I was overtaking a tractor, when the driver suddenly put his right arm out and turned right. I had to make a split second decision whether to brake or accellerate. I decided braking would lead to a head on in the side of a tractor so I wound the throttle open and pulled as far right as the road would allow. I think I was doing around 100 when both my left indicators disappeared on the front tyre of the tractor.

I laugh about it now, but it took a while. Somebody up there obviously likes me!

Gromit-how about a tall tales section.

John
1998 R1100S
1981 Rickman Predator
1960 Velocette Venom

Return to “Boxerbanter”