Boxer Cup Rep owner opinions wanted for MCN feature

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

alastairw

Boxer Cup Rep owner opinions wanted for MCN feature

Postby alastairw » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi there;
I'm doing a feature for MCN called `Why I had to have a BMW Boxer Cup' and wanted some owner opinions on performance, handling, reliability, top tips for other owners, mods made etc - plus why you simply had to have that model.

MCN would also need a head n shoulders type pic, plus any pics of your bike, especially modified examples, or particular accessories fitted etc.

The deadline is 27th Feb 2006, so if you can spare 10 mins chatting, please email me a contact number - or email your views to;
alastairw100@hotmail.com

cheers - all feedback is welcome
alastairw :)
freelance bloke
MCN

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Hi Alistair,

Any particular reason why you're restricting yourself to the Boxercup variant of the R1100S? You know it's essentially just a paint job away from a "regular" R1100S.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:05 pm

What Paul said.

It may actually be a good opportunity to clear up some of the duff gen that's been going around in the various journals about 'uprated suspension' and 'an extra 10bhp' etc...

As has been said, the BCR is an 11S Sport - which has longer shocks, wider rear wheel and a steering damper over the cooking S - with a racier (and rather nice I do admit) paintjob, and some carbon head covers of course.

gus

Postby gus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi alistair
If you want to do a good feature on The S,then may i suggest you frequent our meet up in may at burton.Ther will be an array of bikes ranging from modified to stock.Plenty of photo ops and the chance to gather some choice quotes no doubt.It would be a good follow up to the feb article.
gus

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:31 am

Ditto - The standard ones seem to go round the bends just fine :D

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:43 am

bmwonder wrote:Ditto - The standard ones seem to go round the bends just fine :D

Absolutely! Nice pic Mark. :)

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:57 am

:D :D :D Very nice, although I think we mortals were bothed trumped by these.....

Return to “Boxerbanter”