Gorgeous Guzzi Griso

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Gorgeous Guzzi Griso

Postby Gromit » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:34 pm

Inspired by Paul's visit to Corsa Italiana the other day, I popped in myself for a mooch around and to have a look at the new beasts coming out of Mandello - notably the Breva 1100 and the Griso.

Steve W and I had already seen a Griso parked up at Box Hill sometime before Christmas and were suitably impressed by its looks. However, having the chance to sit on/fiddle with the bike and natter with someone who sells & services them is always worthwhile.

From the pics in the magazines I'd become a little dismissive of the Griso - felt it a tad over-done but in the flesh it really is totally gorgeous. For me it looks even better in red - it breaks up the shape nicely and makes it look more vibrant. Closer up, the detailing is very clever, plus all wiring and oil-pipe routing etc is very neat indeed - even the rear light cluster looks fantastic.

Corsa are putting a demo bike on the road in early March, for the new reg, so I'll no doubt go down and get a spin on it, just in the interests of research of course ;)

Also, roll on the R1200R; the bike I'm really waiting for (I love my BM Roadsters). :)

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:29 pm

What excellent taste you have sir. It is a sexy machine, is it not?

You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Paul wrote:What excellent taste you have sir. It is a sexy machine, is it not?

Slobber slobber. :P

I often think bike engines should be on show, hence my love for all things air-cooled be they Boxer or v-twin shaped, and they don't come much better looking than a Guzzi lump :)

B*gger to keel really clean tho' :?

I like what Guzzi have done with the shaft drive system, in that none of the bearings in the driveline are load-bearing, allowing the driveshaft etc to 'float' within the swingarm. Quite a nifty solution if you ask me (and hopefully it'll work of course!).

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:17 pm

Consider this post as eeeh ... not posted.

HJ
Last edited by hjr1100s on Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:18 pm

I like Guzzi's ... a lot. Almost bought a 1100 Sport instead of a R1100S but.... reason prevailed over passion.

But when this

actually becomes available, I will be seriously tempted to trade in my BMW.

I expect the build quality of the Guzzi's/Aprillia/Piaggio to be on par with the BMW and am willing to find out if that's actually true.

HJ

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:53 am

Wow! What a stunner!

ANd look.....USD Ohlins on the front. I wonder what's holding the back up. Similar I suspect. That rear swingarm looks meaty too.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:57 am

bmwonder wrote:Wow! What a stunner!

ANd look.....USD Ohlins on the front. I wonder what's holding the back up. Similar I suspect. That rear swingarm looks meaty too.

Absolutely :)

Rumour has it that the MGS hasn't been developed any further due to the OHC motor not being Euro3 compliant, and hence why the Griso has the pushrod engine - although it's a much-modernised unit.

Corsa have a used Breva 11 for sale which has convered itro 9000 miles - mostly over the winter - the finish looks to have held up very well indeed which is encouraging.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:35 pm

Corsa Italiana's Griso demo is now up and running - it was at Box Hill this afternoon where I was chatting with the guy who's been given the awful job of riding it around.

It's a red one, and just stunningly beautiful.

I want one.

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 am

Gromit wrote:It's a red one, and just stunningly beautiful.

Black looks better!!! (And it is faster - isn't it???)

But it does need a better exhaust can. Now it just so happens........... :twisted: :twisted:

sandbar

julian

Postby julian » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:37 am

I like the red one
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:54 am

sandbar wrote:Black looks better!!! (And it is faster - isn't it???)

The red accentuates the bike's shape more, and seems to brighten it up a tad. It's a really deep, sort of Ferrari red too.

Corsa's bike has a Ti can fitted. Sounded fabulous. :)

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:12 pm

Gromit wrote:The red accentuates the bike's shape more, and seems to brighten it up a tad.

I disagree!! If you really want to brighten it up a bit - how about yellow. :twisted: I think black looks a lot cooler and better.

HPE exhaust - TUV approved - ECE homologated - UK agent is........... me :oops: :oops:

sandbar

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 pm

Agreed, the black does look cool, and I like it, but the yellow? Barf central - a waste of a good bike. :(

Unless you've seen a red on in the flesh, it's hard to describe what it does for the bike. The photos of red ones don't do the colour justice as it's a notoriously difficlt colour to photograph accurately.

As an aside - I see the MGS-01 won the BoTT race at Daytona. :)

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:50 pm

Gromit wrote:Unless you've seen a red on in the flesh,........

I have - I think black is better

sandbar

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:57 pm

As an aside - I see the MGS-01 won the BoTT race at Daytona.

Gromit, do you have a link to this?

Return to “Boxerbanter”